If a guy is amazing in person and things feel right, but when you're not with the guy, his texts or lack of shows he's uninterested? Is this bad?

We've been seeing eachother for about a month and a half, and things were amazing in every way at the start - in person and consistent texts asking how my day was and how things are going with me, good morning and goodnight texts and everything a girl could want, but then things slowed down with texts and wouldn't hear from him for a couple of days and we went 2 weeks without seeing eachother, but he said he was busy with work and soon after we hung out 2 nights in a row and everything was awesome again. He still checks in with texts but I can't figure out if it's revealing of how he really feels or why it no longer matches his texting habits from early on. I get that everyone is busy and the intensity of the start of dating someone isn't sustainable but I always don't want to be the naive woman that looks back and says all the signs were there that he wasn't into me.

So thanks for reading that. The big question is does his texting matter if we're doing so great when we're together? Do guys purposely text more or less depending in how they feel about the girl? To what can his change of texting habits be attributed to? Am I over thinking all of this? How do I stop over analyzing lol ? Any honest opinions would be GREAT!!!

Most Helpful Guy

• "his texts or lack of shows he's uninterested?"

No they don't.
    That's just how YOU choose to interpret things.

You'd be wrong.

• Well I know everything is a matter of interpretation unless I directly ask him what he intended, but since that comes off as needy and desperate I'm trying to figure it out?

• Then learn that guys don't like texting. It has nothing to do with whether they like the girl.

• Ok thanks, I will take it he's into me then.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• It sounds like he could very well just be busy and guys aren't usually too into texting either. It's a good sign that he spent two days with you in a row, he wouldn't have done that if he wasn't still interested. As long as he still makes an effort to see you when he can I'd say things are fine.

• Stringing you along

• How so?

• if you REALLY, REALLY like people you don't spam them down with text messages either.
      Truth is, guys aren't social media whores, and texting obsessed. I know it's a bit of an overstatement, but you get my point. Guys simply doesn't text all that much. And why should you suddenly expect him to text you all the frigin time just because that's how YOU behave, when you haven't even TOLD him you want him to do it?
      LOGIC

• That isn't what I meant!
      If a guy suddenly goes AWOL. You should too