Can I trust him again?

So me and this guy dated for 7 months and he cheated. Well he wants me back now and apologized for it even texted my mom about it. I asked him why he cheated and he said he was being stupid and that I'm perfect and all this but it still bothers me. I love him to death even wanted to possibly marry him. I let him into my son's life and my baby loved him and called him dad. I want to move forward and create the family picture with him I'm just stuck I guess. I know people can change and people deserve second chances sometimes but I'm not sure what to do to move on from the past if he's serious. Help?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you have to be realistic with yourself, do you think you could trust him again knowing he has done this? Do you think you can forgive him truly, because if you don't this will be hanging over your head, and overtime you will start to feel resentment towards him. You will always second guess his honesty, if you can't forgive him in your heart. With that being said, stay with him only if you believe you can love him even more than you do now, don't stay with him for the picture perfect family you want in your head.

• It's not about the picture perfect family. It's about trust. Anyway, I'm asking to see if others would give that chance. I have no problem cutting off people who don't want what I have to offer.

• I took back a cheater, it was a huge mistake. At the time I thought It was a good choice, but not everyone is the same. I guess it depends on what kind of person he is, and if you think he can be better than he was.

What Guys Said 1

• It's neglet or pity that he's feeling, depending on what type of genre he belongs in, he may get over it.

What Girls Said 1

• second chances are fine but third? never.