URGENT!!! I broke up with my bf 2 days ago, and he out of the blue texted me "goodnight". ?

i haven't heard from him since i broke up with him ( 2 days ago) thats why this text was "out of the blue". im just wondering is he trying to say goodbye to me or trying to get us talking again? what do you think? pls answer!

• saying "goodbye"
  • trying to talk again

Most Helpful Girl

• If he wanted to say "goodbye" as in final bye bye then he would have said that. But yet he said goodnight which leads me to think it's option B.

What Guys Said 9

• Simply acknowledging that he still cares for you, by the sound of it. Furthering the conversation would be on you.

• well i answered goodnight back to him and he still didn't reply anything, and this was 30 minutes ago

• Which means he may well have gone to bed already. Nothing more may come of it, but if I had to guess, he'd be open to talking if you decided you want to.

• He might have texted simply to see if you would reply.

• That's a helluva strange text to start a convo lol

• yeah but do you think he's slowly trying to open up the door to communication?

• Why did you guys brake up to begin with? ( well if you dont mind that is)

• He's either trying to get you talking. Or he's just screwing with your head.

• how do you think he would screw with my head by texting that? do you mean like pretending to care but really he doesnt?

• It's a way to get you freaking out because you don't know what it means.

• He was drunk.

• so then do you think he will regret txting me that tomorrow?

• thanks, i like hearing that, because i miss him too

• Aw that is cute, but why did you break up then? lol

• What's so urgent about it? He's just saying goodnight. :/
    He;s just being nice.

• Its deeper than that, he was not some acquaintance, he was my bf, and is now my ex, and i wanted advice from people who might have experienced this before. You might be right, it could be that simple, but when you lose something you love, and consider wanting it back, your mind can fool you and its nice to get different perspectives from complete strangers who won't try to sabotage your relationship

• I know that, and as I said he's just saying goodnight. -__-

• thank you, appreciate it

• He has analyzed the situation and has forgiven you.

• so do you think he wants another chance then? and he's trying to open the lines of communication?

• Yes, but don't think he will want to talk to you much if stay condescending. Just sex.

• Sounds ominous, like you won't be waking up :{ lmao

• lol never thought of that

• Remember why you broke up and think about if you want to talk to him.

What Girls Said 8

• He is definitely trying to initiate conversation with you. He is thinking about you, that is obvious.

• whenever me and my ex were fighting he would ignore me then text goodnight like that. maybe its their way of saying im thinking about you but was waiting for me to say something? I don't know lol

• Ignore him. You broke up for a reason yes? Okay if you did then why bother going back. I mean I personally depending on the reason why you broke up wouldn't bother replying or even keeping any form of contact, however if you broke up but do want him back then I suggest reply, be a friend and let it "snow ball" from that point forward. Don't overthink it too much.

• I think it was a way of saying he was thinking about you. Like, he still didn't forget you.

• why do you feel like you need to respond?

• because i do miss him too, and i believe i made a mistake by ending it, I didn't think about the decision long enough and things did not go the way I had envisioned it in my head, and i panicked! Im about 70% sure i made the right decision, and im scared that i will realize in time that I didn't. im trying to stand by the whole "30 day no contact rule" which is what all the relationship experts tell you to do, and I will be honest, my pride is also preventing me from admitting I might have made a mistake... im sorry to vent like this, im just really confused.

• looking for attention.

• Ever thought about the possibilities of him considering ending his life right now? He might want to speak to you so maybe you guys can sort it out before its too late.
    To me goodbye is 'you're never going to see me again' if he lives local you're clearly going to see him again unless he's suicidal.
    I recommend you talk to the guy just to be on the safe side.

• Ignore him. He's horny and trying to find something to jerk off too.

• well i actually txted back "goodnight" and he never got back... this was 30 minutes ago

• That's what I was gunna say is maybe he's horny.