Do you think people on dating websites are pathetic?

• Only the males are pathetic.
  • Only the females are pathetic.
  • Yes, both are pathetic
  • other (please elaborate)
  • I don't know. I just want to see the results.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes. They have failed because they aren't normal so they pool with the other rejects to find the least retarded match in their league. It's the best of a bad job.

What Girls Said 8

• Online dating is just like regular dating but in larger numbers. Most people are average but there are still assholes and desperate people mixed in there from both genders. You just encounter more because there is a larger pool and they stick out a lot.

• I don't think anyone is pathetic for remedying to meet people online. We have this amazing too that can connect us to nearly every person on the world. Why NOT use it?

• how about an option for 'no'?

I'm not into online dating but I don't look down on anyone who is. that's like saying all gaggers are pathetic for making friends through this site. while it may not be the exact same thing, each is a means to have a connection with others via the web.

• I do not consider them pathetic. I just think they lack realism.

• What do you mean? In what respect do they lack realism?

• What are "sheckels"? Did you mean "shekels" = money?

Do you have experience with online dating?

• Yes, I mean money.
      No, I don't.

• No , I don't think they're pathetic. I do believe that online dating can provide it's own struggles. Some people go on there for years and still never find the person they're looking for.

• I wouldn't do it, but I don't see anything wrong with it either. Many great couples met like that.

• Why wouldn't you do it?

• I rely on non-verbal communicaton. It's a lot harder to hide who you are if you're getting to know each other in person, not so much through the internet. I do have pretty big trust issues, so I've learned to listen to my intuition. Which is very helpful.

• I don't think that either are pathetic- they just want to meet their soulmate/life partner.

• My elaboration: Neither the men nor the women are pathetic.

What Guys Said 8

• No human trying to find love is pathetic. Especially if they have exhausted the traditional avenues. Some people may even prefer internet dating as they can look for what they want in a partner instead of waitng for a chance encounter

• There is nothing pathetic about it. It can be a great way to meet people that you normally would never come across.

• Where is the 'no, it's totally acceptable' option? i voted other. I think it is totally fine to be online. i have actually met some really nice girls through tinder believe it or not, and that is the bare minimum of online dating lol

• no they're just shy or desparate or... pervs most of the time

• You get the wide spectrum. Sure, there's some there who should grow up a little more, but if you look hard enough, there are some quality people there, too.

• I think people who judge others who use dating sites are pathetic

• You didn't put a no option.. No it's not, it's hard to get a date in real life, it's a place to make things easier for the people who want to find love.

• It means they are a desperate shit who will never be able to meet a member of the opposite sex through normal means.