Is it ok to reject someone that has serious facial acne to the point you're disgusted by it?

Last month one of my female friends set me up on the blind date. The guy wasn't bad looking to be honest but I was disgusted by his facial acne (big red ones with pus) and there is a couple scarring from it. It ruins it.

Anyways, nope I didn't told him that reason obviousl. I just said that I'm not looking for a relationship and only focusing on school.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes of course it is. Just the same if someone has halitosis or horrible teeth. You have standards for yourself and that's okay. Go with what you fancy.

What Guys Said 4

• You are not an equal-opportunity employer. You are free to reject anyone for any reason at all -- too tall, too short, too thin, too blonde, too blonde, too silly, too serious, whatever. You were right to not tell him that you find him unattractive. Sorry, not really looking right now is a common way to indicate no interest and most adults understand that.

• its okay, just reject them in a normal way lol. if you can wait for the acne to clear then cool but if you just don't want any part in it anymore then do whatever you want too.

• I think since he already has a couple scarrings, maybe facial surgery is needed in those cases.

• It's okay to reject someone for any reason whatsoever, no matter how silly or stupid it may seem.

• Yeah cause the way you say it, you certainly wouldn't fall for him.

• It is as it is. I doubt that 10+ pimples are going to show up on your face in 1 day. Part of the problem is not even trying to take care of yourself. I would be already alarmed if even 4 zits showed up on my face and already be on my way seeking facial treatments.

• Yeah that's the point. If he doesn't care about how presentable he is, you might wanna say goodbye fella.

What Girls Said 2

• If u do not find someone attractive then that's a good reason to reject them. I wouldn't tell them why tho

• Yeah, I didn't want to further crash his self-esteem. He probably can already figure it out.

• Not gonna lie, I have acne too and I'm always worried about guys being repulsed by it. It isn't too bad it's about mild and has gotten better. I'm consistently seeing doctors and treating it though. In my opinion if the guy isn't doing anything about it then it would be acceptable to not pursue him because yes hygiene is important! If he's trying his best to get rid of it then it isn't too fair to reject him because of something he can't help.

• True indeed. I would already be worried and doing something if I even started having mild acne. Not caring of yourself means you're not even trying. But yes, it seem like this guy wasn't even trying and those scars looked like they have been there for the longest.