Is it ok that I don't want to see my new boyfriend all the time? Am I dampening the relationship?

I'm just so used to being single. I worry im ruining the relationship by not making plans with him. I saw him Monday night and Saturday night. I figure I'll just see him this weekend. Friday and Saturday? Maybe sunday?

Also, I explained this to him and he is so understanding. But I worry that once I feel more comfortable and want to see him as much as he want to see me now, that he won't want to see me as much anymore! So I'm almost afraid to want to more... Or is this an unrealistic fear?

Most Helpful Girl

• It is okay. I am like you. I really like my freedom and independence and when a guy tries to be with me 24/7, I lose feelings for him. Just make sure that he is aware of how you are feeling so he doesn't get the idea that he is doing something wrong hence why you don't want to see him.

What Guys Said 1

• Just be honest with him that you are a woman that needs space after being single for a while. If, he is a real man , he will support you

What Girls Said 2

• It's perfectly normal! If you've been single for a while and are not used to going out all the time, your new beau should understand that and be okay with that. When I first started dating my current boyfriend, I was single for a year and gradually "worked" my way up to wanted to see him a lot more (but we are kind of long distance so it's a bit different)

• that's normal and very healthy.