Do people mostly date people of the same education? Like if you went to college, would you care if someone you liked didn't?

It has never bothered me (went to college, currently on my masters). But, There were two girls I dated who did not go to school and there always seemed to be some resentment, like they didn't want to hear how fun college was and such, but it's not like I was rubbing it in their face, it was just a giant part of my life so it's what I talked about.

Has anyone else ran into these kinds of problems on either side?

Most Helpful Girl

• It can certainly become an issue. There are certain things that you have to have in common with your partner to have a healthy relationship. And if there's something that's a really big part of your life and you like to talk about it a lot but they don't want to hear it, that can cause a lot of problems down the line. You need to feel like you can talk to your partner about anything.

What Girls Said 3

• I went to college, my boyfriend didn't, I can't say it's ever caused any problems

• around the same level of intelligence is more important to me. someone who still enjoys learning.

I chose not to go to college but have mostly dated guys who did.

• I didn't go to college but the guy I like did and he's now a teacher in the school I work. He tells me about the fun things he did when we get talking and he makes me laugh. I personally think he wouldn't be interested because I don't have a hood enough education and we come from two completely different backgrounds but don't they say opposites attract? I prefer guys because they are open to discuss things more deeply. I don't like close minded people.

What Guys Said 2

• I would want to date someone who went to some level of college; it demonstrates that they take some level of learning seriously. If I am going to have a future with this girl, I need to know she is serious about our offspring's education. More importantly, it builds more of a connection.

• I don't care about how educated someone is. But not having had that experience, I'd really rather not hear someone go on about how much fun it is unless I've experienced it myself. I'd rather not think about missed opportunities and such, it'll just bring me down. That's all.