Can people not be able to feel love after going through heartbreak in yhe past?

For example guy is dating a great girl that he really likes but he's unable to fall in love with her and love her because his heart is closed because of bad experiences in the past. can that happen?

Most Helpful Girl

• It can be hard for someone to want to even think about letting someone else in after they have been hurt.

I know for myself, I tend to shield myself from love in a sense. I only get so close because I'm afraid to let a guy in knowing that it's possible he will hurt me too.

The thing is, just take some time for yourself after a break up. If you are truly hurt, time away from love will do you good.

You will most definitely be able to feel love again and experience those feelings. It just takes time.

Let your heart heal, and when the time is right you will love again :)

What Guys Said 1

• It can happen. There's this voice on the back of your head that has more power than what you expect. I'm sure he wants to fall in love, but due to that bad experience, his mind is telling him to stop before he gets hurt again.
    Mind has taken total control of heart, so until heart steps up, he will have trouble to fall in love.

What Girls Said 3

• It happened to me. The scars of the past are difficult to deal with but if you have a good partner, then he/she will help you through it and will wait for you instead of trying to pry into your past. They will simply understand.

• yes, you need trust to be able to love. that first heartache may make trusting too hard.

• Yes it can. It's happened to me from my divorce. It's called your heart going cold