How/where did you meet most of the people you've dated or been in a relationship with?

I don't seem to have any luck with guys I meet online or through friends, so I'm wondering where everyone else is meeting people they're dating or in a relationship with. A lot of people say to go to bars, but I rarely drink and don't like the partying kind of scene. With this generation being so reliant on technology and social media, I'm wondering what ways there are to meet people.

Most Helpful Guy

• 1) Online dating... except at a distance. The locals are boring, like you've said so try over seas, or maybe one Country over? I highly recommend it.

2) While shopping. I've met a few great girls while trying on shirts and pants. In your case you can open a cute guy by asking his opinion on your pants, or shoes or hat. It doesn't matter. If you want to know if he's single you might try... "Why, would you buy something like this for your girlfriend, or is this out of style now?" Or something clever.

This includes shopping for groceries or lamps. Anywhere there's cute guys is open game for you. Just realize you're going to have to rely upon yourself for driving the conversation, where as a bar allows you to sit back more and allow guys to approach you. So the trick is to be both approachable, and super friendly. Smile, eye contact, etc.

3) Hmmm... Online social gatherings like Meetup. com is another good one, especially if you find activities you like doing... like Geo Cacheing? Or playing boardgames? I don't know, seems like a good place to meet new people.

~ Robby

What Guys Said 5

• Lots of nice singles at churches, if you don't mind that many of them will be really into their faith.

• online, basically Im to picky and do not have the time or patience to try and find someone that meets my standards in real life

• i had only sexual partners... and i met them from escort websites :-P

• Through friends or at the local mini mall

• School and my job

What Girls Said 6

• Entirely from school or work (except my first boyfriend, who was a friend of a friend).

You can really meet guys anywhere. You just have to learn how to be approachable, friendly, and talkative. Just chat up random strangers as you go about your daily life (riding the bus, going grocery shopping, waiting in the sandwich line, etc). If you start talking with someone and you hit it off, there you go!

• Um so I met my boyfriend in Costa Rica but he lived 15 minutes away from my in the States. But we hadn't met. So... yeah.

• Online, school or work. Friends of friends have been the worst, being like 4 awkward cases of guys who were really weird. Apparently my friends "thought" I was weird like them. I suppose I should stop being freaky so I don't get introduced to freakies.

• while hanging out with mutual friends.

• Middle school and high school. Surprisingly.

• online…lol