24 years old and I've never been in a relationship. Is this weird?

Never had sex either. Waiting for a special someone I guess?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not weird at all. I'm 24, never had sex and my bf (whose also a virgin) is 26 and he's never dated until me :) it's different for everyone. The important thing is that you're ready and not forcing yourself to date someone who your not that into because of some time frame. I've seen a lot of girls do that and then regret the time they wasted on a guy who wasn't even that good to them but just wanted to get the whole "first date" "first relationship", "first kiss" or their virginity over with. Don't rush. Go at your own pace and the right guy won't care about how many people you dated or didn't date in the past.

What Guys Said 13

• I think it depends on what your goals have been. If you just kind of want to float through life and never push it, then no, its not weird.

If your goal was to have massive quantities of killer sex right after you hit 18, then yes, it would be very weird since it would be completely opposite of what you were after.

There is no real right or wrong way to go about it here, unless you put it in context of what you want.

Have you put much thought into what it is that you want? Would you like to have a boyfriend (with or without sex)?

• I haven't ever really thought about it like 'oh man, I need to have a boyfriend'. i've just kinda gone w the flow and haven't really found anyone I want to be intimate with. Still looking though.

• Yeah, seems normal enough to me. If you are looking (even if in no hurry), you might not be looking in the right places. Lifestyle and daily living patterns have the most to do with this.

For example, meeting guys at a gym would be a different experience than meeting them at college, which would both be different than meeting them in a bar. You get the idea.

• It is not weird. I am 32 and have never been in a relationship. The closest I have been is being with a girl for about 4 weeks before she sent me a text and broke it off. So I don't consider I have been in a relationship. I can't believe that girl did not say it to my face though.

• It is only as weird as you want it to be.
    No one can change your mind frame they can only try to influence and then too the degree to which they can is up to you to decide

• I don't thinks it's weird per say, but a little unusual. Is it because you are a little shy that you haven't pursued a relationship? Or because U never been attracted to anyone? (Which I doubt)

• I have definitely been attracted to people in the past? I just feel like I need MORE than that. I need to feel COMFORTABLE, I need to feel secure and appreciated and RESPECTED. I may be shy relationship- wise but NO ONE would say I am shy socially.

• I fail to see how any of this a negative and how any of this is problematic?

A woman with no baggage and a whole lotta intelligence... my favorite.

• Definitely not weird don't feel that way, everything you are doing is right. Yes you must wait for the right guy guy for what will be such a special time for you.
    All I wish is to reassure you that what you are thinking is correct.

• i will turn 24 this octoer, and never been in a realtionship... but because of my own choice :-P

• Is this a repeat question? This same person posts this every week.

• Just look at how many dudes on this site are twice your age and still virgins.

• OoOoh i LUV to marry a fresh cutie like u sumday! 👍

• It says you are 23.

• LOL your a girl what do you have to worry about?

• Lots actually.

• I know how you feel trust me I get treated like garbage

• Hey if you really feel that way... message me directly and MAYBE I could talk to you about what's bothering you?

• i'm 27 and can sort of relate

What Girls Said 0