Honesty preferred right?

I have an eating disorder. This is apart of me and always will be. I usually hide this from others however I recently started to see a guy and want to be honest with him from the start and don't want to hide this. Guys, how would you react? Should I wait till we're official?

Most Helpful Guy

• I guess it's something you bring up at a later stage when you are comfortable with each other. Just like you don't start to talk about the names of your future children on the first date.

What Guys Said 4

• So you have no want to change it? I'd hope got any kind of disorder you would want to get help and I honestly wouldn't go further with a girl who didn't want to better themselves

• I'm working on it-I'm not letting myself go and have a complete relapse. Honesty is apart of getting better and not hiding it. He's commented on my picky eating so I feel I should say something, but I'm conflicted.

• If you have the attitude that it will always be a part of you then I wouldn't go further.. that right there shows me you like the thought of changing but don't really want to change. Be honest. But if it were me, which it's not, I wouldn't go further

• It won't always be part of you if you change it.
    It's not easy in the slightest, but can be done

• This is not true-you will always face the thoughts and urges it's what you do with it that matters.

• That's wrong.
      you overcome them, I did, my girlfriend did and many of my friends were made as we went through it.

• ur guy is going to view ur reaction to this disorder
    if it's positive go all the way and tell him but if it's not he might change his idea about u so hide it.

• Be honest. It's too difficult to hide. Do it before you invest any emotions.

What Girls Said 0