How to get over boyfriends old sex life?

Well this might be really weird but my now bf is someone I have been friends with for about a year, and his gf goes to the same school I go to so I see her often. Thing is when they were dating, she had a loudmouth about their sex life and I've heard a lot of stories (plus once I parked by them when they were having car sex and I was unaware til they drove off without their headlights on) and him and I have sex often now but it's just kind of awkward for me because of how vivid their sex life is to me whenever I'm reminded of it. Like I heard about all the hot tub sex they'd have so when he asked me into the hot tub I said no because I got uncomfortable and eventually kind of upset.
It doesn't bother me as long as these things are private but because his ex had no respect I just ended up getting an earful of their sex life (to which he apologized for) but honestly nobody wants to hear that about their boyfriend!
And now I get awkward unless we have sex in certain places which can't always happen. How do I get over this?

What Guys Said 1

• I totally understand your pain. I am in the same scenario as you, except with my girlfriend's past. Basically she let certain things slip and I can't get them out of my head. It has been a long time but still they linger.

What Girls Said 1

• I've been there, I know how you feel. What I tried to do was just understand that whatever they did, it was before I came into the picture. So just think about that. It happened, but it's in the past, he's with YOU now.

• Okay I'll try to think like that. It's just rough and I don't really know if I should tell him this is a problem because he can't fix anything and I should fix it myself but I don't like getting disturbed every time we get intimate in a place or situation they've been in before

• Like you said, he can't fix anything. It's the past and you can't change it. But you might benefit from talking to him about it. Tell him how you feel. I'm sure he'll be understanding. Maybe try to come up with ways to make it better. Such as finding different places to have sex (places he's never done it before) so you don't feel like he's just doing with you what he did with her. And that way you won't have those images in your min of him with another girl.