Dating a young single mom?

I think it's mutual. She mentioned her ex and the kid while we were hanging out. I like her, but is the kid and ex a deal breaker? she's older than me by two years and seems kinda independent. Ladies with this knowledge, any insight? Pros and cons? Why I should pursue something? Why I shouldn't? Help asap.

Most Helpful Guy

• if she likes you back then she expects you to commit to her and her child if you two are to take anything further. so if you can do that and want to do that then go for it. I had my shot with a single mom, her little daughter was so cute. she's just so busy though, wasn't the right time for me.

the pros and cons are pretty clear but some cons can become pros depending on you.

• Hmm, this has me thinking.

What Girls Said 2

• If you do go for the single mum just remember the child will always be number one and they as package deal

• This can get complicated, I have a friend that went through the same and it was just a mess tbh.

What Guys Said 2

• You need to ask yourself how long you plan on being with her, then understand that this won't be a fling or a causal dating relationship. At one point you will assume a role in her childs life and her ex will be watching ever move you make around his child.

• That's a terrible idea they are always so clingy

• How so?

• I think it's a bad idea. We hung out and she's like a party girl, I'm the stay at home and play advanced warfare type of guy. I do believe opposites attract but we are on two different galaxies. Thanks for your input

• Yeah no problem