This doesn't sound like herpes does it?

I gave my bf a bj couple nights ago. I know it's been cold where I live but I have this red thing on the side of my lip. U can't see it unless I open my mouth. It could just be dry too. This doesn't sound like herpes does it?

Most Helpful Girl

• It could be. A LOT of people (like approximately 80%) carry the HSV-1 virus which most commonly causes cold sores on the mouth. HSV-2 is what mostly causes genital herpes. However, either virus can pop up in either place, outbreaks are simply much less common if it's not the "site of preference." Meaning, if someone contracts HSV-1 genitally, there usually is not many outbreaks and not severe outbreaks because that's not the site of preference fof the type 1 virus (and vice versa).

So, it might be a good idea for you AND your boyfriend to get tested just to see 1) if it is herpes and 2) if so, which type it is. Really though, even if it is herpes, it's nothing to really worry about. As I said, a lot of people are carriers of the type 1 virus, it's extremely common. The cold sores are painful but there aren't really any other health risks to be concerned about. That being said, it's still a good idea to be aware if you or your boyfriend are carrying the virus.

What Guys Said 1

• Impossible to say just by that. Herpes can also feel itchy and tingle.

What Girls Said 1

• Could be has your bf been tested?

• He says he is clean. I have a feeling it isn't because it's cold here so maybe that could be why?