Rate my online dating profile! how can I improve it to get girls interested? do you have any witty one liners I can use a headline?

I'm doing this anonymously so that my profile pic etc. plays no part in getting replies.

Hi, my names XXX. I'm 29 from XXX.

I'm currently a student at xxx uni studying ecology and wildlife conservation and a big animal lover so hope to work in conservation when I graduate, although that's a long way off as I'm only in my first year. I'm enjoying the course so far though as its a good mix of practical and theory work.

I have 2 dogs named xxx and xxx. xxx is a lurcher cross, and xxx is a red border collie. They used to come running with me, but xxx is an old man now so I don't like to push him too hard these days, however I do enjoy taking them out for walks, either by the river or in the forest, and when the weather is nice along the beach.

My taste in music varies, and i'll listen to just about anything, but to be honest about the only time I listen to music is when I'm out running. As far as films and tv goes, I'm a big fan of shows like the walking dead, breaking bad, and game of thrones.

If you think we have some things in common, send me a message.

would you message me after reading it?

Most Helpful Girl

• You could probably mention one or two more hobbies/interests, or throw in something about yourself that's a little quirky maybe, but that's about all I'd suggest. I think it's good! Much better than most of the profiles I saw last time I tried online dating, haha.

What Girls Said 6

• I think you should give it a bit more energy. Try using slightly shorter sentences.
    For example, "Hi, I'm XXX, 29 years old, from XXX."
    And end with "If you'd like to get to know me better, just shoot me a message! :)"
    I like your paragraph about the dog, but I would cut it down a bit. Maybe like another user said, add something about your interests.

• I like it. Honest, to the point. However, why'd you name both your dogs after you? 'xxx' is such an awful name. I'm aghast!

Anyway, I think you should enclude some more things you do in you free time. Reason: you're more likely to take her to places you and she have interests in. Not so likely to take her to school. Just a thought. But I like it the way it is.

• thanks for the input... Wise words for a 14 yr old :p

I dont really do much outside of uni except the gym and seeing friends etc. my hobbies are kind of geeky to be honest.

• Geeky? Please. My dad is a huge geek. (He prefers nerd beause of the 'Geek Squad' He doesn't think they do very good work. But nerds do books not computers. :))
      My brother is a gamer. There has to be a female your age who's male family members have worn off on her ;)

• It sounds good, just make sure you don't lie when you upload a photo or have a weird username.
    That can be just as off putting as a bad profile description.

• That sounds good. Definitely gives a pretty full picture of who you are which is a good thing.

• any ideas for a catchy headline?

• Xxx and xxx need a new mom
      Haha just kidding
      Maybe mountain man seeking his mountain lady?

• You should download an app called Sift. It allows you to upload different profile pics, bios, and pick up lines and they get rated by thousands of people and they give you a report out of what content worked best for you.

• I wouldn't message you because I'm not very fond of animals. I'm just meh about them.

• fair enough, animals are a big part of my life so i share your sentiments.

What Guys Said 2

• Dude, it has been proven by different dating websites that most women regardless how they look like only respond to good looking guys.

• I always start with "Hola Bitches" and end with "Later Bitches". I got a response once! But she was kinda rude...