I NEED ADVICE! this guy wants to go out with me but he used to date a friend of mine. what do I do?

like im not close friends with her but they dated for 2 years so im not sure what to do

Most Helpful Guy

• You go out with him and get to know him. Unless you know your friend personally and have a girl code that you follow. Honestly what's in the past, stays in the past. Just live and see what the world has to offer.

• but will he compare me to her? thats what i want to know? then again theyve been broken up for 3 years so...

• i just have to give him a fair chance since im getting over a guy i had a passionate and intense connection with and we couldnt date cuz it was bad timing

• That's right. We as people often view past relationships or experiences and compare it with the present ones which is a no brainer BUT it can also mean that you're cutting them short before the person even gets a chance. Treat every new relationship as completely new and fresh. It's like you hit the start button on a new game. The memories you make with that person will be saved on it. The other ones before it already past, deleted, or saved and never touched again.

What Guys Said 2

• well if your not close friends i dont see the problem i mean if the other lady is mature enough it won't bother her , look most of the time whenn it comes to a relationship its between you and your partner if your guys really like eachother then there shouldn't be any things that should bother you guys

• i dont really know him. we've chatted a few times while with his ex lol but he suddenly started to contact me.

• we only chatted if he was with his ex and i happened to be there with them. from what i know he's a good guy, definietly attractive :P so ill give him a shot and if we connect, ill ask her cuz its the right thing to do.

• exactly :D like you said its the right thing to do and its respectful plus your gonna feel good about yourself :D
      - goodluck-

• You're not a close friend, they're not together anymore, so I think you could give her a chance.

What Girls Said 2

• okay, this is confusing but i think if u really like him back and u wanna go out with him too, go with him, and tell ur friend about the things just so that she wouldn't be "shocked" coz since they broke up that means that things didn't go well between them, so yeah, the past is the past and everything is over...

• we've barely spoken him and i. the only time we've spoken was when her and i would meet up and he happened to be there too

• oooooh. okay then, if u think that u wanna get to know him do it but if u dont think u want to get to know him then just tell him that u dont think its a good thing..

• maybe u can ask ur friend after telling her (if u wanna tell her) about that guy, ask her why they left each other? is it something he did or what? and i think like that u would know some important things about his personality !

• Go for it! If you're into him and you think there could be potential, then I would test the waters!