I think four years below and above your age is totally fine when dating, but a 16 year old girl with a 40 year old guy? Gross! Why do people do that?

My brother's ex (17) is ingaged to a 40 something year old guy. Who else thinks that's gross? My friend said numbers don't matter as long as it's true love, but I think that's absolutely wrong. There should be an age limit.

Most Helpful Girl

• It can happen but is extremely rare. What is usually going on is that the older person is either very manipulative or immature and can't find someone closer to their age who is willing to put up with their crap. So they go for someone who is either naive, inexperienced, or insecure.

To me its more about what stage you are in life as opposed to age. An 18yo and a 28yo are almost always at very different stages of their life. A 26yo and 36yo are also a decade apart but are at more similar, possibly even the same, stage of their life.

What Guys Said 3

• This isn't even legal I suppose. I think that when you're not a minor it's up to you to decide the age difference, but huge gaps like this are not likely to work. In her case, they shouldn't be doing this at all.

• Too old I think

• Nah, guy got lucky. He'll be having sex with a woman way younger than him until he dies.

What Girls Said 1

• That disgusting... I mean yeah, love is love, but everyone has their own opinions. That's like dating your father for goodness sake