Guys only? What would you do?

There was a guy that asked me for a hug in front of my boyfriend, and when I said no the guy hugged me anyway, and slapped my butt, and I'm curious, what would you have done?

• Beat him.
  • Let him go.

Most Helpful Guy

• The slap on the butt is outright disrespectful in that situation. I would of at least told him off and maybe even fight him.

What Guys Said 4

• In this scenario I would not have reacted because I do not want to cause a scene and I do not want to be arrested and charged for fighting.

I would told my girlfriend that I did not find it acceptable and that she should either tell him to keep his hands to himself. I would be looking at her to take care of this situation by telling him it was unacceptable behavior and that she will not tolerate it. Her failure to say or do anything would send me the message that she may in fact enjoy the attention she is getting and that for me is a major red flag and I would probably start ushering towards the exit door in this relationship.

• I wouldn't start a fight straight away but I would step in between the two of them and remind him that she said no and tell him that he needs to back off.

If he left that would be the end if it, he if proceeded to act in a threating way I would do whatever it takes to keep her safe

• Because you said no, as he would attempt the hug I would have shoved him away.

If I missed it and he did what you said, fist to the jaw.

• Honestly every guy says that he would fight for his girlfriend, but the truth is fighting is scary. And Although I think it would be good to beat the guy up in this situation, I wouldn't expect many men to actually get confrontational. Even less would actually win the fight.
    I only know 2 guys that would actually stand their ground if I confronted them. Only one of them could outright kick my ass.

• This is true, especially with the increasing amount of emasculated men these days, even the average testosterone levels are dropping. Now that I think about it, I'd guess only about 10% of the guys I know would actually confront violently in the above scenario even though more than half say they would.

But I do live in a high SES, low violence environment, it's a different story for low SES, high violence areas.

What Girls Said 1

• I wouldn't have beat him or let him go. I woulda called him out on it and made him look like crap in front of my boyfriend or husband.