Do you want your other half to be possessive of you?

So i read a lot of novels usually mills and boons and the guys in them are often really possessive of the actresses and vice versa. i really like it when this happens but is this the same in real life? would you still like it if your boyfriend or girlfriend is possessive of you like in the books?

Anyone else?

Most Helpful Guy

• it is only in the deepest part of my fantasy... where a girl wants me so much.. that if she can't have me.. no one can.

hahaa :D

What Guys Said 1

• Novel is novel/
    Possessive is another form of property and I dont think of my parter that way but I will protect and root her with everything that I have.

If you refer to books I find a book that called Quran (full of errors) In Islam possessive husband will dominate his partner so some people will imprison the wife in house.

What Girls Said 5

• I wouldn't like it. I'm not property. A guy can show that he cares about me without acting like I'm his "thing" or "toy" that only he is allowed to play with. Possessiveness usually stems from heavy insecurities. Heavy insecurities in a relationship = a toxic situation that can end up hurting the both of you a lot. Authors can romanticize it in their books all they want, but in real life it's extremely problematic and usually ends up with the "possessed" partner feeling trapped, limited and controlled.

• No I think that it would piss me off if it were to the degree usually depicted in books. I am a person not an object he can posses.

• Never read the books but yes I like that. I like feeling so wanted that he doesn't want to share me.

• Yes, I love it. My bf was so possessive.

• yes, I want it very much but because he cares for me, loves me and wants me not a misogynistic guy who forbids me to meet that guy or this guy. Someone like Christian Grey, he's so respectful of women with consent and everything but he's also possessive. My biggest fantasy is that he slams me against the world, looks me straight in the eye and says," You're mine, all and only mine, understand?" with passion and emotion like he will die without me. I want his emotions to be showing on his face. Its just a power trip to see that you can make a guy mad if you leave him or go off with some other guy and what lengths he is willing to go to keep you with him, if I love that guy i would never ever actually do anything to devastate him but its just having the power. Not actually using it but having it.

• My ex was not a very open minded guy probably the reason he was possessive but that was the reason I missed him for a long time. He was not only dominant, manly and the whole package of bad boy but I felt he could protect me from anything. I felt safe with him and loved.
      Though we should be aware that there are crazy guys out there who are a whole new definition of possessive and might not let you leave even if you want to.