Why do I have such bad luck with men?

I have concluded -- I have the worst luck with men. My "relationships" never work out, and I am tired of it. I'm 23 and almost done school. I'm sick of mind games, I'm sick of jerks, and I am done with hookups. I really can't pin point why it never works out for me. It could be anything.
Anyone else feel like this?

Like on or offline. No luck

Most Helpful Guy

• reflect and evaluate the types of guys you are attracted to. I imagin there is a common thread that might shed light on why you end up with jerks. for example, I had two straight relationship in which girls cheated on me. reflecting on them both of those girls had mental health issues (one was bi polar the other had an eating disorder). it doesn't mean I had to rule out all people with mental health issues but I big issue in both of these girls was that they were incredibly insecure and needed affirmation from people. so I could take that knowledge and be aware of it when meeting other people

What Guys Said 8

• Well, at least you have relationships xD I mean, I haven't been in a relationship for years, and I'm tired of that.
    Maybe you need to change what you look for in a man, since what you're searching for right now isn't working. Don't just fall for first impressions, dig deeper before getting in a relationship.

• www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a8254-a-hard-knocks-lesson-on-the-truth-of-giving-your-trust-out-having

Read it. Love it. This myTake was custom made for people like you in mind.

• Thinking in terms of luck might be the root of your problem.

First, look inward and be sure you are consciously working on and improving your character. Be reflective, identify your flaws, and correct them. Identify your strengths and augment them.

Second, define the standards you will hold yourself to, as well as the standards you expect of others. Don't let just anyone into your life. Qualify them. In order to do that, you need to establish a clear vision of what a great person is to you and accept only such people into your social circle.

Third, identify where such people are likely to be, what they're likely to read, speak about, etc and immerse yourself in places where you can meet such people.

All of this is proactive, all of it a result of choice. There is only the "luck" you create for yourself.

• I really have worked on improving myself for years and years. This may sound -- egotistical -- but I really don't know how much more I can improve myself. Even in two years, I'm way different than I used to me. I am more confident with myself. I have my standards too, which I see absolutely nothing wrong with having. I'm still in school, the city I am in is still all new to me, I don't know how I feel about talking to some random guy in a coffee shop, or at a concert... ironic yes, I said I am confident in myself. I am more confident with my appearance, and I am confident in the lady I am becoming. But I don't feel confident in walking up to a guy randomly -- since my luck with guys hasn't been that great.

• How is your personality do you like being in charge a shot caller?

• Def not your looks, you're really pretty... So maybe its your personality?

• I have worse luck with women. I've literally been rejected in my sleep three times in one night (completely ignored) after leaving messages (just asking if they wanted to go to a party) and waking up the next day to see they've been read with no reply. In one party, I was rejected hard by a girl I liked for a while who I thought liked me back (a very trustworthy source said shed give me her number if I asked), I did, she said "NO!", right afterwards, another girl I used to have a crush on was asking me to grind on her, I get cock-blocked, ten minutes later, I ask a girl to fuck (of course she said no but it adds up when she goes right out and fucks a random dude after), an hour or two later, this girl I wanted since middle school was in the bathroom naked, I turned around, closed the door, and said someone was in there. At school I was rejected by every girl I've ever asked, and the ones that showed the highest chance of liking me back, they all got boyfriends the day I set myself up to ask them, all 7 during 4 years of high school (I wish I was exaggerating) The last day of high school I asked a girl for her kik and she gave it to me and I heard her friend joking because she wasn't actually going to respond. A girl who was a hoe at my school, I used to talk to her, she fucked my friend on the first day they met, his head looks like the shrunken head from pirates of the Caribbean no joke. All my friends had dates to prom, I didn't go because I couldn't get one, I'm 18 and I've never had a girlfriend. To top that all off, I've spent a year trying to achieve my dream goal in life, waiting on a yes or no result, watching less worthy and less capable people pass me up in shame, I get a yes, complete the 10 hour long process, come to the end, ready to move on and complete my goal, to be told I need another waiver, that with go through up to 10 levels of scrutiny, for something I did because I was assaulted, that didn't hurt anybody. FML

• Are you the type who is willing to commit to a relationship, or the friends with benefits type who perpetually keeps their options open?

• That you're putting hook-ups behind you is a step in the right direction.

• I don't to clubs, or bars. Hell I don't even drink.

• Neither do I.

Hobbies? Interests? Or is meeting people in the first place not the issue? It was (and to an extent, is) for me.

• Well your definitely pretty, maybe your stink?

What Girls Said 0