How is seeing someone different from having a girlfriend?

This guy who flirts with me texts with me he says he's seeing someone and don't have a girlfriend. But they've been on and off for seven years. At first we were talking and things were great. Now they've gone slow which he says he wants because he don't want a relationship. When I see him he's always talking to me and flirting. When I text him he sometimes us really strange he'll reply or just go dead... Wtf? Should I just get over him. But he flirt all the time and says he wants to see how my personally is. Then he says he wants to take me to the movie... I'm so confused but I really like him

Most Helpful Guy

• I think you should just get over him to be honest, it sounds like he has no idea what he wants.

And to answer your question, its basically a moral middle ground where you haven't defined what you are with someone or made it exclusive, but you have probably been on three plus dates with more planned, texting and likely sex. BUT, you can still technically be seeing other people (but I think many would be upset regardless of the DTR if they were seeing someone else after a month of dating and such)

What Guys Said 3

• Run away, the difference is the level of commitment. He is keeping his options open and not committing to her so mostly won't commit to you. He likes "the game", and when he thinks he has won "the game" with one girl, it's time to start again. If he keeps you interested then he has everything he wants, the other girl is "the sex" and you are "the game". There are lots of nice guys out there that can keep "the game" and "the sex" alive with the same girl.

Sorry if my use of the word "girl" is offensive

• To answer the first question having a girlfriend traditionally means a monogamous relationship. Seeing someone usually means either hooking up or dating. Like some of the other guys have said, he is essentially playing you by going between flirting and not talking. Yes you should get over him and move on, but and as much as I might get killed for saying it he may be interested in you. If you have to go with probability I'd say you might be better off finding a guy who isn't going to jerk you around.

• He's fooling around.

What Girls Said 2

• I think you should get over him. Before me & my BF were together, we were hanging out pretty frequently (I guess sort of "seeing each other") but were not exclusive. I asked him if he was seeing anyone else, and he said he was seeing one other girl, but was more interested in me. Then we defined our relationship & he cut her out. I think it is okay to be considering a few people, but your guy seems to be wanting to just keep playing the field.

• It means he is not committed or serious with the girl he is "seeing". He likes her enough to occasionally date her but not enough to call her his girlfriend. And he wants to see other people as well. So basically he wants the best of both worlds - being single while getting the occasional companionship / sex / affection or whatever he gets from her when he feels like it! I wouldn't get involved with him by the sounds of it.