What does she mean by wanting to take it slow?

So me and my gf had a fight the other day and we almost decided to break up but she said that we can work things out but just take it slow instead. iIs she still interested in me or just saying this to avoid breaking up?

She also mentioned that we should take the time to get to know each other 1st and to not rush it and have it be real and then see what happens.

Most Helpful Girl

• She's unsure about you. She wants to take some time to figure out whether you're the right guy or not. Seeing as you guys almost broke up, she would definitely be having her doubts about you, but likes you enough to be taking the risk of staying together. I think she's made a smart move by wanting to take it slow. If you want to stay with her, let her take her time and show her the best man you can be.

• Thanks. Actually very helpful advice. I'm assuming this means no kissing or anything intimate for a while? Mostly just hanging out and talking. I mean I'd be fine with that for as long as she wants cause I really do like her and will do anything to not lose her but itd still be nice to cuddle when watching tv or something.

• Probably not right at first. But if you give it a while and read the mood right, cuddling should be fine. Just let her know that your intent is cuddling only so she doesn't have to question your moves.

• Oh, and thanks for the mho by the way :)

What Girls Said 5

• yes in this situation (her explaining her reasons to you) she genuinely wants to take it slow and build that bond up between the two of you.
    when a girl says this to a guy and doesn't really explain her reasons why... sometimes they are selfish and only want to hang on to the guy until a better one comes along because they themselves are selfish/insecure and the type that needs a boyfriend in their life to complete them.
    I really dont believe this is the case with you. She sounds very secure with herself.

• I said this to a guy recently and I meant that I have seen something in you that I am not really happy with, before we take things any further I need time to reflect and see if this relationship is worth pursuing before I invest anything more into it.

• She loves u still but she's going to let you in her heart slowly again cse she feels hurt clearly. that's what she means by takin it slow shell let u in slowly again.

• she meant what she meant? what's wrong with it? she wants to take it slow because you are going too fast?

• she wants to have a relationship but not too serious more like dating one.

What Guys Said 3

• Did you insist on doing some things she isn't ready for?

• No. We had a fight about how she doesn't take enough time to see me. But she said to take it slow and get to know each other more 1st and not rush anything and then see what happens.

• I could suppose she's not as enthusiastic about seeing you as you are about seeing her. (At least not frequently)

• She wants you to stop bangin so hard right off the bat... ease into it... oh what... oh not that kind of going slow... Sorry! :P

• Your girlfriend cares about you and is smart. She wants to analyze your relationship by taking it slow and discover your problems and incompatibilities before it's to late. Then you can decide if it's fixable, a sacrifice that you are willing to make, or discontinue.