What do guys think about shy women?

how do guys feel about dating a shy woman?

Most Helpful Girl

• I would say when I first get to know anyone i'm shy even though i'm actually more outgoing once i'm comfortable with the person. From what i've heard from guys, it can sometimes be confusing if you are a shy girl because they might misinterpret your shyness with either being conceited or low self-esteem, but generally if a guy know that you're just shy they actually like it, because they're more interested in what you have to say!

What Guys Said 64

• Shy women can be hard work sometimes, but they make perfect partners who usually always remain loyal if treated with respect, x

• It's really cute even though I'm a shy guy myself. And less pressure because I find extroverts exhausting and I'd literally wear myself out with one.
    They usually have good interests and personalities too and I feel like they're more committed, but I don't know if it's true.
    Only negatives are it's hard to get to know them in the first place and they're hard to get into a relationship with because they're very selective, more chance of just getting friendzoned by them.

Saying that though, I still mostly go for shy girls and try to win them over. Usually if you fail you still get a really loyal, amazing friendship out of it.
    Ugh, I feel funny talking about friends.

• I am ok with it to a point. But if she is dating then at some point she needs to open up. Also, if she is shy and won't talk, then don't say no to a 2nd date because the guy "talks too much about himself". if the woman isn't going to talk then you need to expect lulls in the conversation. and if you make it to a 2nd date, you should be able to loosen up. Women control sex. So I don't really understand why women would be shy. esp at the beginning of the relationship, you control everything that goes on. so that should be empowering. once you are at the 3rd or 4th date and you start having sex then it balances out a little..

• I think, that a shy woman is comforting. Usually, shy girls don't play around with your time, money and energy. They are straight to the point, but struggle greatly getting out that kind of message for whatever reason. It isn't bad, if you're looking for a serious relationship, also they often don't have the army of friends to trying to critisize you, they got a more stable background called family.

As I'm growing older, I'm more into that type of girl.

I'm a late-boomer.

• It's a major attraction for a lot of men. If a guys confident and likes doing all the talking then a shy woman compliments his personality. Just like women find strength and confidence in a man, a lot of men like submissiveness and a bit of vulnerability in a woman. I know I do

• I prefer shy women, I can't stand women who talk too much or too loud or attention whores, maybe that's because shy women match my personality but I really like it when people talk way more than they should. If its a guy I don't really care, guys are usually kinda rude/idiots anyway xD but when its a girl Its usually not attractive at all. I think shy girls are more classy than loud mouth girls, and I really value class

• Well i honestly I like it because it shows a mystery behind it all. And getting to know a girl who's shy is kind of interesting in a relationship it keeps the relationship itself fresh and new. I've dated a shy girl back in High School and after we started talking we quickly became a couple and it turned out that that shy girl was one of the most interesting/magnificently beautiful creatures i have ever layed my eyes on.

To summarize my answer yes i do its a plus

• Shy girls can be quite fun. It's just harder for me to gauge if she is wanting a relationship when I can tell she is interested, and I wouldn't know how to be touchy flirty with her, or sexual

• Challenge accepted :), try to make her become friends then be able to trust me and protect and be there for her in any way she needs me too

• I don't mind shy women, however, if they are shy to the point they almost never talk to you and bottle everything up inside, it makes it difficult to read them!

• Depends. But I personally like when my gf is more social. I don't ned her t be the life of the party or anything, but with being shy, I think as the guy you feel like you have to be protective and hold her hand (not literally) through social situations if she's too shy. Would rather she is comfortable and outgoing

• Shy because they are shy inside but still a little flirty can very attractive. Shy but bitching inside - run away

I liked a girl in high school because she was very shy. While I was on vacation that year, a friend started dating her. I was pissed at first but he did me a huge favour as she was shy on the outside and a down right bitch on the inside, he could wait to get out of that relationship

• I actually like shy women. I always know that inside of a shy person there is a person who isn't shy. So it's kind of a goal to get that person to open up to me and see more about them. It's mysterious in a way, and is a bit of a chase.

Shy women are also not likely to play games with the guys mind and don't give the run around. That's annoying and is absolutely absurd! I hate women that do that! If you like somebody, just go ahead and like them!

Girl's today and guys too, just are too full of themselves. one girl i know has ton's of guys chasing her but she doesn't want them because they like her too early! It doesn't make any sense. When somebody like's her, she doesn't like them back because they like her first. It make's no sense... with that attitude she'll never find somebody.

• I'm attracted to shy women but not mousy women. I go for somewhat shy, intelligent women who make some effort to look feminine, but not too much effort, like Diane Keaton in Annie Hall.

• i don't mind shy girls, but i think i prefer girls who are exciting, and energetic, and enjoy life, thats the fun thing i think.

• It's great. It gives you time to open yourself and hopefully make a good relationship.

One trouble I've had with confident women it's that you kind of work harder to impress instead of just being yourself although it can depend. But shy girls allow you to get to know her and forces you to show them who you are.

• I love 'em
    just tough trying to connect with them...
    we have to know what to ask that will get the shy girl talking

• I usually think they're uninterested. They look uncomfortable around me and don't have any indicators of interest, so i largely start to ignore them and move on under the assumption that's what they want.

• not really. If you dont give any indicators of interest because you're too shy then how am i supposed to know if you want to be approached or not? If you're to scarred to say or do anything then why would someone want to be with you anyways. Not be confident is unattractive in both genders.

• Cute but if they're too shy I mightvthibk they don't like me. I currently am crushing on a shy girl and she always ends the conversation as soon as possible but looks happy that we're talking. Makes me confused, mixed signals.

• Depends how shy and what type of shy. I could say she's shy but she could be shy in public freak behind door. Or other way around. But as I've always been taught. There is a seat for every ass. Aka. there's Someone for everyone

• biologically, it's attractive. when we see female vulnerability we wish to be the protector.

intellectually and spiritually, I am disturbed by the male apparent attraction to female inferiority.

so i don't know

• If you are a shy woman. Then you have a plus point. You know why?
    Be a use, most men out there are very insecure.
    And for insecure guys, shy women are the best.
    For me shy women are a big no no though. As I am a super confident guy. Anyways, Good luck

• Cute, but can become offputting

• I'm fine with it. It's cute, and I get you all to myself.

You, however, have to deal with my rather outgoing personality and having me force you into social situations, but I'll always have your back of course.

My biggest thing about shy girls, is I don't want your shyness to hold back anything. If I am doing something wrong or something concerns you, TELL ME! Do not hold that information back from me

• I certainly don't mind shy women, while the only girl I've ever fallen for wasn't shy, she was rather introverted, which matches me pretty well. As long as the girl wasn't so shy that she wouldn't talk to you while you were dating, I don't see it as a problem.

• I'm shy myself, so I'd have trouble adapting in conversation with another shy person. So I'd say I'd be pretty reluctant unless the date felt really natural.

• when girls are hot are very rare the things that matter

• As long as she eventually gets over it, I'm okay with it. Otherwise, it's hard to be in a relationship with someone that can never be comfortable with themselves and with someone that they would like.

• Hopefully it's always shy -> cute.. really cute actually men like to have WOMEN lol

If it's shy for a start and a BItCH inside then no thanks.

• Well I love shy girls

• More from Guys
    34

What Girls Said 8

• I'm shy around guys and i feel like shy girls tend to give mixed signals. I mean in my case, when im around the guy i like i will avoid eye contact, get quiet, awkward, and i seem like i dont like him but thats me being self conscious and trying to play it cool... when im not.

• I am very shy, and i know a girl who is very shy. She is the sweetest and the most fun and just a great person. I feel like shy people are the best kind of people once you crack their shell

• I'm an outgoing person but I was shy in HS and didn't really get hit on.
    I thought I was the problem and beat myself up for a while. In college I opened up more and had a lot more fun and that made me feel more confident in who I was. I got hit on a lot more. From personal experience I feel like guys back off shy girls because they don't know what's going on lol as to when there's an outgoing girl you're more likely to talk to her.

• true, because guys are lazy or inconfident and normally go for the girl that gives them more signals, because they fear getting rejected from the shy girl

not fair lol

• I saw I trend with the guys answers. The majority under the age of 21 said that they preferred exciting outgoing girls, and guys over 21 said that they preferred shy girls.

• I'm always shy in the beginning if I like a guy. Once I'm comfortable I'm very direct and assertive.

I was so shy when I finally asked him out he was shocked bc he thought I hated him.
    It's been a few weeks and I'm very comfortable around him now.

• I'm shy and it sucks

• I'm a shy girl sometimes but i flirt with the guy if he's hitting on me and shy girls only feel nervous if the guy is super cute or if he keeps looking at her and she's uncomfortable but sometimes it's just hard for us shy girls to start talking to a stranger

• I'm extremely shy, so I hope guys like them lol