Feet - complete turn off?

link

if a girl has a SLIGHT bunion, is it a complete turn off..should I get surgery to fix it.

Most Helpful Girl

• my friend had surgery to fix a bunion, she lost movement in her toes. then they went to a different surgeon and did another surgery and she's now lost FEELING in her toes on top of movement. and now she has to get have another surgery to have all the metal bolts and hardware removed from her bones have been left there from the fist surgery. I have tiny bunions, not even as big as the one in the photo, but if they did ever get worse, I would never have surgery because of what happened to poor Kelly =S I've already lost sensation in one of my fingers from and accident and sensation in my chin from when I had my wisdom teeth removed, I'm not letting anyone f*** with my feet!

What Guys Said 14

• I look at a girl's eyes first, then her smile, figure and see if she is well groomed and has a good sense of humor.

I would have to date a girl for about a year to notice a slight bunion. I'd notice calluses first (in bed) or if she needed a pedicure.

Get surgery if you have pain, or can't wear proper shoes. Most guys won't notice (unless they have a foot fetish).

• No, it's not a complete turn-off, especially if that's your only physical anomaly. It wouldn't bother me and many other guys, but some guys might be different. You should get surgery if you feel you need to get it--either to improve the way it looks or prevent further damage to your feet by leaving it alone. Talk to your doctor about the pros and cons of surgery.

• the only people who would consider it to be unattractive I think are foot fetishists who normally focus on feet anyway.

• I speak as an unreformed foot-fetishist... it wouldn't be a complete turnoff, and I wouldn't dump you, but it would be a problem. As one fella said below, you might want to look into fixing your footwear and habits before opting for surgery (which is a major experience).

• Get better fitting footwear (read: flat shoes with sensible toes), go barefoot when you don't have to be wearing shoes (e.g. when reading or watching TV), and maybe get a bit of foam or something to stick between your toes and keep them a bit splayed.

Bunion treated, surgery avoided.

• It's not a complete turn off.

• im not a feet person but, I suggest you don't date anyone with a foot fetish. sorry

• I will have to say yes to this. Sounds shallow but it's a pretty big turn off for me. I wouldn't say go get surgery since bad things can happen. If you don't mind it, I say leave it how it is.

• Some guys like girls with a slight bunion.

• There's so much more interesting stuff than feet...really, I wouldn't want a girl judging MY feet, either. Just leave em down there, where they belong.

• Not really a major thing unless the guy is into feet of course...

• Nope. Why would you?

• I have a foot fetish and no it's not a complete turnoff, unless it's on all 10 toes or something

• I would hate to suggest you do anything to that surgically. But unfortunately yeah. They do make the feet look unattractive and abnormal. The problem is, it gets worse with age.

What Girls Said 9

• No I could hardly tell that you have anything wrong with it if someone does not like it then they do not deserve to be your friend!

• I'm not a guy, but I doubt it's a big deal. I mean, if a guy sees a girl who he finds attractive, but they have less than perfect feet, I doubt they're gonna be like, "OH HELL NO." You know?

• If it's painful ,or YOU want it removed, then do it. Otherwise, it's fine. Most people dislike their feet anyway. The best way to remedy your issue is to otherwise take great care of your feet. Keep your toes painted (guys for some reason LOVE toenail polish... at least in my experience). Keep them well trimmed and use cream to keep them soft. I think a guy would rather date a girl with a bunion then snaggle toes and crusty heels. Agree?

• I would think if a guy did not like you because you had bunions then you don't need him and take it from me your feet don't look any better after the surgery I have had both my feet done and now have big scars on them that I am sure look much worse then your "slight" bunions.

• omg, so I had a bunion too and I was always embarrassed of it, then my boyfriend saw it and he was in love with the thing, he said it made me different. I ended up gettin surgery because it started to hurt whenevr I wore shoes. and dude, surgery isn't fun at all, you're in a walking cast for like two months and it hurts a lot before it gets better. if you're going to go thru with all the pain of it do it for yourslf not someone else

• i know couple of guys who would choose sexy feet over boobies and ass. JUST DONT DATE ANY OF THOUSE GUYS LOL.

• Some guys don't care about feet. and some have foot fetishes like my bf..

• if a guy doesn't like you because of a bunion he's just an idiot. as long as you take care of your feet (keep them moisturized, nails taken care of and don't let them get dry and crusty you're good

• I don't think it matters.