Advice for a 3rd wheel

I have no problem finding where people are or hanging out, it's just that I don't feel terribly involved with any of my circles of friends at college. Like I might get involved with their activities once or twice a week, but I'm not really part of any group where my actions carry much weight. And I'd really like to spend a lot more time "out" during the week. Any pointers?

What Girls Said 1

• Don't worry, I've felt the same way for the past couple weeks too. I didn't know not being in your friend's classes/lunches could change things this much, but it happens. Try planning your own hang outs and invite the people you're trying to get closer with and show a lot of interest in them. I noticed that when I started chilling with a different group, the group I used to hang out with more slowly stopped getting me involved in anything because I basically "replaced" them. Yeah, just try to show them how fun you really are, that's all I can say.

What Guys Said 1

• Just stick in your 'third wheel' friendship and eventually you will be accepted as more of a 'second wheel'.