Will my accent ever vanish? Is it a turn off for boys?

I am from Russia and we moved here about 10 months ago. I thought my accent would change a lot but it literally hasn't changed anything. It is still too thick.
My English teacher corrects almost every single world that comes out of my mouth during class and it makes me feel so insecure. I swear, I try my best, but somehow I can't speak without accent!(
Why is it such a huge problem if I have accent? I thought it was normal if I am a foreigner. What could I do?
And is it a turn off for boys? There are several boys that like me but I always worry that it would annoy them in long term. Sometimes I feel that people can't take me seriously because of my accent even if I want to say something really important.

Most Helpful Girl

• Accents can cause a problem if who you are communicating with does not understand you. Although I do think your accent will fade at least as time goes on. Speaking more with people who have the accent you want, in your case local Americans, should help you to gain their accent faster than not speaking to them a lot.

What Guys Said 3

• Accents are actually really nice. Your professor shouldn't really be such a dick about it all the time.

I wouldn't be worried about it. I find some accents very attractive, Russian included. If you have a hard time emphasizing a point, don't forget that body language and how your face looks can improve what you think your words might be lacking.

• You will probably have a soft accent forever. It won't hold you back in your life, there's lots of guys who will find it sexy and in the workplace, there's often people from all over the world.

• Its a total turn on russian girls are so sexy and its better if you keep the accent its reslly too sexy be confident, maybe you cab tru to pronunciate better bit dint change it its so cool im sure that makes you very interredting and hot

What Girls Said 5

• I think most of them consider it hot, so don't worry about it.

• Where do you live now? An accent is not a problem. All English speaking countries have a different accent and even within them. Only a few speak decent Oxford English . So don't care. Your English teacher is different because its his job to try you to speak correct English , but the rest won't mind. :-)

• Even if its changes some there will always be some undertones. I know people who left their country or state more then 30 years ago and their accent is still obvious although not all words as strong,

• Its not a big deal, I think accents are cool and I think they are really sexy. Im turkish and some of my relatives have lived there for years and even they have accents. They dont care about it and it look really cute:)

• Don't think your accent is a problem. Lots of men like women with accents