How many dates before you make it official?

Hey,
I was just wondering how many dates you would need to go on with a potential partner before making it official? Or doesn't the amount of dates you go on matter to you?

I've been dating this guy for the last four months, we've probably gone on 5 or 6 dates. We speak quite regularly, clearly like each other although it's never really expressed verbally. Which is okay with me since when we are together i can just feel the 'chemistry'.

The next time we meet up I plan to ask him if this is going anywhere cos I would like a relationship with him and I wanna know if I'm wasting my time or not. He's never said / done anything to make me think he's not taking me seriously if you get what I mean... Anyways I'm interested in your opinions on the matter :)

Most Helpful Girl

• There's no set amount of dates or time that has to pass really. I give it a few months to get to know him, and then base it on how I'm feeling. If I think we really have something good together and I want to be in a relationship with him, I'll bring it up. Or he will, just depends. I'm glad you're going to ask. Good luck to you guys. :)

What Guys Said 1

• I'll be honest I don't even know how you make something official.

What Girls Said 2

• My boyfriend and I made it official on our second date. We just had one of those instant connections where we didn't need more time to figure out if we really wanted to be together. I think it all depends on how you met, how long you've known each other and how strong the connection between the both of you is. There is not set time to make things official. When you feel the time is right to ask, then ask.

• I'm actually stuck in the SAME situation as you. Tonight is going to be our 4th date, and I'm very confused, because I want to know before my emotions are invested too much. Im not much of a 'cool' girl haha. Let me know how your relationship goes!