How big a factor is a potential mates choice in music?

Would you refuse to date someone because they tend to listen to a certain type of music?

Most Helpful Girl

• I would refuse to date someone if they don't want to indulge in musical discussions. I love love love rock music, but if he's into rap I'd like him to share it with me at least. I can't stand someone who doesn't want to share music. I'm open to learning new things ya' know. He can like different types of music as long as he accepts mine. I would like to take him to concerts and vice versa,

• I am the same way :) just no twangy country songs :S

What Girls Said 1

• If they don't want me to listen to my music because they don't like it then yes I wouldn't date then

What Guys Said 3

• It isn't a big deal. I love rock and some heavier shtoof :S but my past gf's don't like the screaming. Our compromise when we are in the car I skip the really heavy songs she gives the rock songs a try and when she plays her stuff she skips the One Direction Radio crap ^.^ Most of my past gf's have ended up like rock to some extent.

• Yes, music is a huge part of my life and I love going to shows/concerts. If someone is really into country/edm or just doesn't have that much interest in music, it would be very conflicting.

• only a 0.00215 factor coefficient. Small factor.