Have you ever been attracted to someone who deviates from the type you usually go for?

So I'm dating this guy that has only ever dated girls with blonde hair and blue eyes, and for some reason he's with me. I happen to be the exact opposite of the type he usually goes for & I guess I'm feeling a little insecure about that. What's making him stick around if I don't fit his stereotypical image of beauty? Have you ever been attracted to someone who deviated from your general type? If so, what made you like him or her that you'd deviate away from that? :) Thanks so much because this question has been on my mind a lot lately. Please don't just say "personality" because I want a very specific answer! ;)

Most Helpful Girl

• I usually go for guys more outgoing but I was attracted to my bf even though he is a total introvert. I can't really explain it I thought he was kind of cute then I started talking to him and it's like he had something I liked that I couldn't put my finger on that I didn't see in other guys and it made him unique and interesting.

Also I have had bad relationship experiences before with more outgoing guys so that may have turned me off extroverts. The guy your dating could have had a bad experience so sub consciously he is now trying to be with the opposite type that he had the experience with.

• That's actually a very insightful observation!! :) I really appreciate your input because it cheered me up a little :) Thanks a bunch!

• Your welcome.

What Guys Said 4

• Yes. There was once this girl I thought was just average, and she had some guys that like her, and I usually told them she wasn't attractive and too stuck up. But later on, like 3 years later I ended up liking her. I started to talk to her more, and found out she wasn't as stuck up as I thought, she was actually really nice, and I started to feel some physical and emotional attraction to her. We ended up together for like 6 months or so.

• "So I'm dating this guy that has only ever dated girls with blonde hair and blue eyes, " <--- so he says...

• Why would he tell me otherwise though? Lol :) What are your thoughts on that?

• Yeah

There's this girl who seems so... bored-looking. I dunno why I'm attracted to her, but I am. Usually, I go for someone happier looking, but this one has me boggled.

If anything, I just posted a question similar to yours. I saw yours and thought, "It must be a sign." Ja ja

• That's really interesting that you're attracted to her, lol :) & you never know, lol. It might be a sign for sure :P lol Thanks for answering my question

• When it comes to looks, guys discriminate based on hair and eye color.

What Girls Said 5

• I can't say I have. There are quite specific things that can attract me. It's not easy for me to be infatuated with someone.

• So why do you think I guy would be with someone he normally doesn't go for? :)

• There is no certain appearance type when it comes to men. Typically speaking, as long as she has a decent body and a decent face they'd be up to date her.

• Thanks :) I think you might be right about that

• Everyone has their own preferences. I am personally very attracted to guys with blonde hair, light skin, blue eyes, and over 6 feet tall. All of my previous boyfriends (3) have fit into this "stereotypical image of beauty"/my PREFERENCE that I have.

I am seeing a guy right now, who I really like. He is only a few inches taller than me, with black hair, brown eyes, and brown skin. His personal preference are girls with brown hair and brown eyes. I don't fit into his preference, and he doesn't fit into mine. However, we like eachother because we're both attracted to eachothers exterior and interior.

• UNFORTUNATELY YES-.-
    thank goodness that's over.

• Yeah, my husband. As a friend of mine put it the other day, sometimes you just connect/click with someone, regardless of everything else.
    All that other stuff ultimately, isn't important.

• people think they have a type. and maybe sometimes they really do have a type. but i'm a firm believer in attraction being a fluid thing.