Issues with online dating?

I do!

Who else believes that online dating is just ridiculous and immature? I was speaking with a 18 YEAR OLD girl the other day who is online dating. I have heard that even younger kids are online dating too...

What is wrong with this generation that we can't just speak to people that look interesting in passing and drum up a date? We have so much access to anyone at anytime yet this is the MOST single generation ever.

Can't people see how online dating is actually breaking down normal communication processes between us even more?

P. S. Ladies: Online is where you will find all the beta men not real men.

• I prefer online dating
  • I prefer meeting people in public

Most Helpful Guy

• It's a great resource to find mentally deranged, unstable and vulnerable women. I love online dating!

What Girls Said 9

• Issues with online dating?
    A. I prefer online dating

I find it is more efficient for me as I can had filter through quicker rather than relying on who I encounter that day.

What is wrong with this generation that we can't just speak to people that look interesting in passing and drum up a date?
    Excluding the seeming assumption that online dating means not speaking to others in public to get a date some reasons could be: anxiety, lacking social skills, laziness, wanting instant gratification.

This again relies on the assumption that online dating breaks down normal communication processes. That is a toss up. Likely the online daters without normal communication skills wouldn't have them anyway. Online dating didn't't break down their skills but gave a venue for those without it.

"P. S. Ladies: Online is where you will find all the beta men not real men."
    In your opinion.

• I don't actually prefer online dating but it's hard to even come across guys my age in my daily life- I'm over 30, don't drink a lot (especially as a hobby), work in a female-dominated industry, and my interests aren't conducive to meeting people (artsy stuff and biking? Great way to meet senior citizens). It's at least more popular nowadays so a more normal cluster of people are on it. I've met some horrible people in real life too. As far as the lies... you find those out by the first date. It's not like you do the dating online, you just use it as a way to meet people. It's nice if you have less common interests or are just really shy. I was never pretty enough to get hit on by men under 50 in public, and even though I'll still embarass myself trying to flirt with a guy I see in real life, that almost never leads to anything and I feel bad for making them throw up in their mouth. At least online they can just ignore me and I'll never know! lol

• Meeting people in public is not only safer but you actually know how the person actually looks like. Online dating causes a lot of problems, you can easily put a fake picture up, lie about your age and even act like another person in the opposite gender. You never really know if you're chatting to some creepy person 0_0 but that pree much goes for every internet website hahah :)

• I agree. Interesting that many people who online date say they do it to be 'more safe'

I think it's definitely less safe. You become attached to a online personality and leave yourself susceptible to a lot of bullshit

• its the opposite for "more safe" hahhaha :")

yeah exactlyyy, and normally i recon if they meet them in person its literally the opposite, they won't be attached to them as they are online :)

• Right...

A person can be a million different things online. Just watch 'To Catch a Predator' Lmao

• I personally prefer meeting people in public. Nevertheless, it doesn`t mean I cannot chat with interesting guys online. Flirting has always been my passion.

• I'm okay with online dating but prefer meeting in person. I rather get to know someone a bit online and then get to know them more in person. But I'd never really fully date someone online.

• You don't start GETTING TO KNOW someone until you START GETTING TO KNOW THEM...

Lol the logic that you can know someone through online conversations is baffling

• If you are interested in someone online, you should make plans to meet as soon as possible. Electronic communication before meeting is a waste of time. Why spend hours chatting or E-mailing only to meet and find there is no chemistry?

• At the moment I'm not interested in anyone or even looking. But I can say I met my best friend through snapchat. And we had one friend in common and I had met her online. It's true that you don't always have chemistry with someone you meet online but in my busy schedule it's easier to send a text than sometimes be able to go out. But once you've done online dating and figured it out, it's not too bad and if you are someone like me who's usually busy from 7am to 10pm it's easy to get to know someone and eventually set up a date knowing things about the person than just going and having a horrible time.

• I'll remain single.

• People lie about their status or pretty much just clowning around.

• I currently have done the online dating scene because my friends have had success. However, I am not liking online dating one bit. I find many, many people lie on their sites especially about their age. Therefore, if it seems you are lying on online there is no reason I want to date you. Honestly is a big thing for me. Let alone, they are typically not the type of guy I would go for.

• People can and do lie in person too.

• True and either way it is a turn off

• Point is anyone with common sense can see that some one is lying most often. That is nearly impossible to discern over the web...

• Of course I'd rather meet someone in real life. It makes for a better story. :p

What Guys Said 9

• I vote "B", and I completely agree with you.

But in our age group, most girls are repulsed by meeting in person. It's literally impossible to meet in person without a girl calling you a "creeper" or "weirdo."

I don't believe the current poll results on this. I think they're lying.

• I don't think it's the fault of online dating itself. I'd say it's the advances of technology and the internet in general.

The newer generations are 'living' their lives online and on their phone and yeah, they are basically becoming socially retarded.

• I agree.

• I was playing a thought game with someone and we were contemplating if online HAS indeed become a real alternate reality for some or a lot of people. And if one day in the future people would choose what reality to be a part of.

• Have you seen Wall-E? I think they got it right. Eventually we'll be fat, shapeless blobs floating around on hover chairs using some sort of optical internet screen always in front of our faces.

• The truth is , I'm not actually a man.
    I'm actually a little boy stuck in a grown man’s body.

• Online dating is good for working adults. It has worked very well for me. It allowed me to meet women who were intellectually and religiously compatible. I'm not religious and online dating was the easiest way to meet non-religious women. Meeting in public is fun too but it is much faster to find a compatible person online.

For young people still in school it's different -- you have lots of opportunities to meet each other. It's harder for working adults.

• I like both. Meeting people in real life is fun but when you combine that with online dating it extends your reach so much further and allows you to meet cool people that you may have otherwise never crossed paths with.

• I think it depends on your age and situation as well. Everyone 'Should' prefer to meet someone in person. But as others have said, as all the newer generations are more and more socially stupid, you have to almost expect people to online date to some degree with technology so easily accessible. When I was in my 20s, I never even gave online dating a chance, but also there were not things like Tinder back then either. Now, mid 30s, I don't work in a entry level job l with very many younger, or single people, so that limits the playing field. I online date, but I don't limit myself to just online, I still prefer to walk up to a beautiful woman and make her laugh... my 2cents

• I met my girlfriend at a coffee shop... Why do people even CONSIDER work as a viable place to meet people for relationship purposes?

• I met my ex at work. It was fine because we were both in school at the time and knew we would be moving on from that place soon, so no harm done if things didn't work out. I think its a natural place to meet by default of the situation, of course it could suck if it doesn't work out.

• I have had plenty of conversations with people who are confident non betas (men and women) meeting people at work is pretty dumb. Although there are exceptions to the rule.

• I don't prefer online dating, but I did meet my long term girlfriend on okcupid. It's great to meet people in public, but sometimes it's also nice to meet people you're compatible with who you would never meet just strolling around day to day.

If you have a problem with other people using the internet, you have serious insecurity issues. No one is forcing you to do anything you are uncomfortable with.

• I am not going to lie. I once did online dating. But me and my roommate were just trying to band a lot of chicks. It was especially easy. The women/men on there are in bad places.

Your case is a rare exception probably. Always an exception to the rule.

• Some people online definitely are basket cases, but to be fair plenty of people are off the internet as well. The craziest people I dated were people I met out and about.
      I imagine it also depends on where you are. In my part of New York there are actually a lot of attractive women who use online dating who are either not interested in the nightlife scene, or who don't have time to go out and meet new people.
      Anyway, if you want to find good people online I can guarantee they are there. If you want to have sex with a random person with self-esteem issues that's totally there as well.

• Online dating is not for for men, it is done explictly for women. Women are the ones that make the choices for what is right or wrong.

• Online dating sucks. Most women regardless how they look like only respond to good looking guys.