Is having 38 Facebook friends a turn-off?

So I want to add this girl I like on Facebook to talk to her. I talked to her briefly once in person but we haven't spoken since. I know already that she likes me but I'm afraid to add her on Facebook because she'll see that my Facebook is empty and I only have 38 friends on there. I don't have many friends in real life, but I could add more people if I wanted to. I don't really use Facebook. She seems to like me already but I'm afraid it will be a turn off. I'm not really weird or annoying, just shy, awkward and introverted. Will this low friend count raise red flags?

0|0
7|8

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 6

• It's no big deal. You're just selective.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. It doesn't matter.

0|1
    0|0
  • It won't bother her, unless she's shallow. I only have eleven friends on my Facebook.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hahaha. Are you serious? You're worried with something I think it's so insignificant... serioulsy :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe for a 13-year-old girl….

2|0
    0|0
  • Put your friend list on private.. Problem solved

0|0
    0|0
    • I keep my friends List private, go to the privacy settings and put it as "only me"

What Guys Said 8

• Dude I got like 338 friends on Facebook. I'm so much cooler than you! Don't even think about adding her. lol

#notsrs

#semisrs

2|0
    0|0
  • Nah not really a big deal, Facebook gets annoying and you eventually stop caring how many friends you have

BUT some people do care and do judge so watch out for that, if you want to show more friends just add some random people, a lot of the times they accept, So when you see high friend numbers on Facebook, most likely they don't even talk to all of them

0|0
    0|0
  • Wanna know a secret?

People with hundreds of Facebook friends aren't actually *friends* with all of them.

1|0
    0|0
  • I honestly doubt it would be a big deal.

0|0
    0|0
  • lol what
    What does fb friends have to do with anything? :P

But honestly, lower the friends the better, makes you seem more trustworthy/loyal towards true friendships

0|0
    0|0
  • Fb can go fudge it self

0|0
    0|0
  • Since when was having social media even a turn on?

1|0
    0|0
  • One word :NO

0|0
    0|0