My bf is paying for his ex-gf's health insurance. WWYD?

I have been dating 'W' for 9-10 months. Right in the beginning, he was up front about his ex-girlfriend. Apparently, he supported her for years over their tumultuous 11-year relationship. They broke up about 1.5 years ago. He told me that he was still paying for her health insurance which is like $300/month. I didn't really like all this, but he said he was actively trying to get her off the insurance so I let it slide. Shortly after we became official, she sort-of cyber bullied me on FB - I'll spare you the details. W down-played the psycho-ness of the situation, but removed the post to make me happy. After this, I asked him to block her and that I would appreciate if he limited contact with her on texts, instagram, etc. He has made it repeatedly clear that they were/are/and will still be in contact and I might see texts from her. I have told him several times that this bothers me and he always says that "she was really important to me for 11 years, I can't just cut her off. I can't just stop talking to her. I still really care about what happens to her." Apparently, she has a pace maker (she's 33) and health issues. I totally understand that, but she makes at least $100,000/year and comes from money AND she has a PhD boyfriend!! Luckily, she lives 2,000 miles away. by the way - that makes this insurance fraud. Anyway, he keeps saying that he is going to talk to her about the insurance, but it has been a long time and no tangible action. I'm left with 1) Why is he still paying her bill? 2) Why doesn't he honor my reasonable request to limit contact with this woman? P. S. I pay $420 out of pocket for my insurance! He doesn't help me with that! lol

Two weeks ago, my bf said he would cut off the insurance payment to this girl by March 15th, which is today. (me made up that date, I didn't) I am going to see him in a few hours. I am really nervous about asking him if he did it. I feel pretty sure that 'he forgot' or hasn't done it for whatever reason. My current plan is to just go home. I don't really want to see him again until he takes care of that. Any tips or advice are appreciated.

Most Helpful Guy

• One thing if she was broke but having a job, a boyfriend and coming from money wtf. Hanging on with every last bit of thread? Seems he needs to let go...

What Guys Said 2

• Your bf sounds like he really isn't done with the other girl.

• Yeah that wouldn't fly

What Girls Said 1

• It seems like he still might be in love with her... :/ That'd really hurt me if I talked to him about his ex and he was like "She was really important to me for 11 years no I'm not cutting off contact" That'd be clear to me that he was still into her.