I am scared of being in a relationship. Anyone else?

So, I've been single for a while (2 years). And at times I really want to date a guy. But when I get to know him, I always wish that I was single.

I think I fear getting close to someone. I've only had one relationship and I was 21 . Only lasted like 3 months. He cheated on me and I was crushed.

I am seeing this guy and we met online. He is nice and friendly. He is also older than me (36). He really likes me and we pecked on the first date and second date.
I really didn't want to kiss him because we still don't know each other well enough. I like him, but want to take things slow.

Long story short...

I want to eventually get to know a guy well enough for marriage but.. I am truly scared and nervous when it comes to dating :(. Just the idea of falling in love is almost intriging and it leaves me vulnerable.

I do want to fall in love , but when the time comes I turn into an idiot.

Most Helpful Girl

• You need to time to trust someone. It's not an easy thing to do, sharing your life with someone. Do it step by step, don't rush things. The fact that the guy cheated on you obviously gave you trust issue with men. You just have to understand that not all men are like that and just give it a try.

What Guys Said 1

• You have trust issues and problems with commitment i think based on what you said, the best thing you can do is have faith and trust in someone so much and fall if you fall in love you won't be scared anymore

What Girls Said 2

• I know I am young and very new to this website but I want you to know that you are not alone! I am 17 (almost 18) and have the exact same feelings as you! In fact, right before I saw your question I posted a question very similar to this... You are not alone on this one!

• The best things in life comes with risk. You won't ever experience true happiness if you don't allow yourself the possibility of getting a broken heart