Guys and Girls: Haven't been in a relationship before, how do I tell him?

My guy friend and I have been spending some time together, I like him and I believe the feeling is mutual. I haven't been in a relationship before and I know the subject of my past relationships will come up, how do I tell him he would be my first... everything, and when should I tell him? Guys would you be totally freaked out to be someone's first?

Most Helpful Guy

• When the subject comes up just tell him, Simplicity and honesty will probably work best. Just tell him you've known other guys but never been in a relationship and he's the first guy you have ever been interested in. He'll be flattered.

• This worked for me. She was surprised, but not turned off or anything.

• She was surprised? That is a super compliment to you! That's like saying "really can't believe a hotty like you hasn't gone out w/ anyone before"

What Guys Said 6

• Personally I think you should tell him, I am in a relationship with a girl who has been in a lot of poor abusive relationships and I've told her that I've never been in another relationship and I don't fully understand what to do or what my role is. She completely understood and helps me know what to do.

You should tell your boyfriend that you've never been in a relationship and you don't understand what to do, trust me, it might help. 😄

• You say: I haven't been in a relationship before.

it really is that simple.

• Lol so much this. All this "relationship" questions are the results of people's minds getting fogged up by overworrying; that's why they most always have simple answers.

• just tell him you have never really had a serious relationship

• i would feel like this is the ONE if i ever meet someone like that. if i was 25+ years old. but now i will feel super awesome and just make her 100% more attractive*good girl*

• If you have not been in any relationship before, what could you ever say about "past relationships"? When you want the first, do it but do not be deceived, lust is so strong so you do it and regret the experience after. When you feel that, even if he is not "THE ONE", you want it, GO, do it but it is a once only "first time" so regrets later you cannot change, be sure you want it.

• I'd be relieved because I've never had a real relationship before either.

What Girls Said 6

• If they like you and they're a decent person then you'll find that this may not even be an issue for you. If they're that concerned with your experience then they're more then likely only concerned for the wrong reasons. You should see how you feel about each other and just tell him about it. The worst thing you could do is try to lie about it like some people do. Just be confident in yourself!

• I love this question:) I never dated anyone... or anything until I was out of highschool and when he asked I just simply said I never really found anyone that I felt was worth my time to date. It was true. I had talked to guys but I didn't feel it was going to work. Just be honest and if he runs (I dont suspect he will) then it isn't meant to be. My boyfreind was not at all afraid at that. He thought it was nice becuase now everyone dates everyone.

• Be honest :) it's the best, if he finds out you have been lying to him, he won't be happy. (: xx

• I always ask them. how many people they have dated. And then whem they ask me, i tell them. Just ask.

• tell him just like that maybe he would like you even more is kind of nice being the first one.

• When it is brought up just be honest with him, don't try to beat around the bush. Just let him know you haven't found the right person yet because it is a big step.