Is it okay that im angry over this?

I really really like my guy friend and he's told me that he likes me too, he even asked me to be his gf after our first date. (I said not yet). Anyway we had had a date planed today for a picnic, says he's can't wait and is at work. Then a few minutes late texts me to say work is really heavy and he's gona try to make it on time. Later he texts me again and says he's still at work and wants to see me Wednesday. :/ is ok im mad

Most Helpful Guy

• Totally okay that you're mad. Also, work-life does intrude >:(

On the plus side, he's doing his best to keep you up to date on things, and he's trying to reschedule. If you're terribly mad, ask him if he wants to bring you flowers or pay some forfeit for having to cancel. Singing a silly song for you would count as a forfeit ;) (You could get creative?)

Anyway, it's okay to get mad, but don't let it rule you.

What Guys Said 3

• You're allowed to feel any emotions you think you need to feel.
    However, I would suggest holding off on expressing those emotions until you have a better understanding of what is happening.
    Speaking of understanding, if he was really stuck at work, and you like him, you may need to be understanding of his situation.
    Doesn't mean you can't feel upset at having plans fall through.

• I can understand why you're angry over this because you two had it planned for today. You were ready and everything for this. You couldn't wait. But something came up and he had to reschedule. It happens. Life gets in the way of a lot of stuff.

• you can be disappointed but you shouldn't be mad. he is trying to reschedule after work stuff came up

What Girls Said 2

• The fact that he rescheduled, speaks volumes and shows that he cares and feels bad that he couldnt make it.

if he didn't even bother to tell you he couldnt make it, and let you wait and/or didn't bother to reschedule another time and date... then by all means... be mad!

• He has a reason & scheduled another date so no you shouldn't be mad. He wanted to go & couldn't. It's not his fault.