What is a foolproof way of getting over a guy once and for all?

ill do anything it's been 3 years I neeeed to stop thinking about him.

Most Helpful Girl

• 1: Avoid any contact with him (hangouts, texts, phone calls)
    2: Join a club/ volunteer- it can get your mind off him
    3: Make some new friends- nightclubs, workplace and parks are great way to meet new people
    4: Date- If it's been 3 years, you should meet somebody new
    5: Don't do 'the things'- that pillow he always loved, give it away! (If it doesn't hold value to you) Don't buy the coffee he always loved but you hated just for the memories
    6: Get a pet! If you have one, take it for more walks, doggy play centre etc

What Guys Said 4

• then do it sister :-)

• Cut him out of your life.

• Get a frontal lobotomy.

• In the words of the great Joey Tribbiani - "Strip joint!"

• Lol watching friends at the moment but I am a girl.. strip joint won't really do it for me

• I actually did that a year ago.. lots of fun but still not over this guy

• Then find someone you really like and go out with him. You can't think about two men simultaneously all the time. And when you catch yourself thinking about your ex just think about the most annoying and disgusting things he has ever done. That should do it.

What Girls Said 3

• Be happy. Do things in life that make you feel satisfied with and fulfilled in your life. When you are happy with yourself and the way you are living your life, he will slowly start to matter less and less.

• You want one fool proof way? There's a saying that goes something like this: to get over an addiction, you must get addicted to something else. Interpret that in any way you choose fit

• Just make a conscious choice to stop thinking about him