Is it wrong for my to tell my boyfriend not to come?

A week ago my boyfriend and I cleared out our schedules for today so that we could spend the whole day together because he has been out of town for the past 4 days. But overnight it sleeted and the roads are dangerous to drive on. And we live in Texas so no one has the right stuff to drive in this. Anyway, he keeps insisting that he come to see me today, but it's a 30 minute drive from his house and I don't want him to get in an accident getting to me.

I know he cleared out his whole day for nothing if he doesn't come and I feel bad, but is it wrong for me to not let him come?

Most Helpful Guy

• Express your concern and let him make the decision. What you say:"I don't think the roads are safe" what he hears:"I don't think you are man enough to drive in this stuff"

You might want to put it this way "I'd hate myself if you were hurt just coming out to see me. There's plenty of time for us to be together." Make it about you, and hope for the best.

What Guys Said 4

• he wanted to be with you. Im sure he is a good driver. I seen the news about DFW and the elevated roads...

• If he is putting his safety at risk, then it's not a good idea. You need to outweigh the consequences, is it worth putting himself in danger or seeing him at a time, where it would be safe for him to drive to you. If driving conditions are ok and you know he will make it safely, then let him come, but don't let him come, if you know it will be risky.

• What's life without risk. For you I would risk it all if only for just one moment. Wait never mind tomorrows another day for us to play...

• Yes, it is wrong of you. Let him come!

What Girls Said 1

• If he has gone to all the trouble to 'See me today,' he Obviously is hell bent on coming to see you, doesn't seem too concerned about the roads and Is------Insisting that he come see me today. With this, there doesn't seem to be talking him out of it, so the only thing you can do, without him thinking you just don't want to see him right now, is tell him to be drive carefully and hope the sanders have been out and about.
    I find you considerate but in this sort of sticky situation, let God and let Go sometimes.
    Good luck. xx