Should I have a backup girl?

Just in case my girlfriend doesn't work out? Seems like everyone is doing it.

Well my ex got caught with me by her ex. She didn't break up with him, but was banging me. She would tell him every night that she loved him, and that same night, have sex with me. Thats messed up in my book. So the ex contacted me and told me she was playing two faces, so we both were dumped by her. Now she's alone. Why do people do this?

Most Helpful Girl

• Those who have a backup always end up having failed relationships... wonder why.

Could it possibly be because they are not 100% invested in their relationship and so cannot give it the time and attention it needs to be a success? Hmm...

• Well my ex got caught with me by her ex. She didn't break up with him, but was banging me. She would tell him every night that she loved him, and that same night, have sex with me. Thats messed up in my book. So the ex contacted me and told me she was playing two faces, so we both were dumped by her. Now she's alone. Why do people do this?

• Because they're horrible people. Not everyone is like that though.

What Girls Said 3

• You don't need one here is why: A backup girl is a second choice to your GF otherwise you would be dating her and not your GF. If you did break up with your GF would you really want to be with someone less than what you felt for her? Wouldn't you rather just go out and find your new No1? Back up girls are for people who are insecure and for you not to have one you are clearly leaps and bounds ahead of the rest ;)

• Imagine if your girlfriend found out about your backup girl, she would most likely dump you and imagine if your backup girl found out about her and that she was just a backup. You'll probably lose both cases.

• No. She'll get hurt real bad if she ever gets to know. Even if she won't, it isn't right. Why would you be in a relationship then?

What Guys Said 1

• Yes cuz she got a backup dude!