Instant friend zone?

I've been told that I instantly put guys in the friend zone and give off the I'm not interested vibe. This kind of shocks me because I just am being myself when it comes to guys, but at the same time I don't have any guys jumping at the chance to date me either, so it might make sense. What am I doing to make guys think I'm not interested at all when obviously I am?


0|0
0|7

Most Helpful Guy

  • The answer may lie in your body language and, or tone of voice. It's not always what you say, but it's how you say it: the emotion, enthusiasm, or the lack thereof, behind it which may determine how approachable you are to guys.

    To appear more sociable, smile more and project happiness in the presence of guys who is of interest to you. Initiate small talk; nothing wrong with that nowadays. Also, make eye contact here and there. Without at least one of such signs, the average guy may simply be reluctant to approach you for date.

    1|0
    0|0
    • That's the thing though, I'm definitely the type of person who is friendly, happy, and can talk to anyone about anything. I mean I guess body language could totally have a massive fact in that. I just always feel like I'm a very outgoing and friendly person. Am I just unapproachable or something?

    • Being friendly, etc., alone may not be enough. Do you flirt with guys?

What Guys Said 6

  • Telling them WAAAAYYYY too much and being too "bro-ie" I say.
    You are what is known as a
    She-Bro

    www.urbandictionary.com/define.php

    "A non-intimate female friend who tries to get you laid 80% of the time but cock blocks the other 20%. The shebro has a good heart but is still of the opposite sex so the cock blocking may or may not be intentional depending on the situation. The shebro tends to give you very good insight into the female mind and does want her male friends to get laid but female intuition is always present and accounts for some of the intentional/unintentional cock blocking."

    0|0
    0|0
  • I know what you mean.

    1|0
    0|0
    • I accidentally friend zone girls even if I were meeting her on Tinder and she is trying to get busy.

    • Show All
    • Yeah well being in a smaller city and being 25 and obnoxiously single isn't exactly ideal haha

    • I understand.

  • Who is telling you this?

    0|0
    0|0
    • My best friend and a few others. I mean what's the point in not being yourself? I'm not going to be fake, but apparently that approach doesn't scream I'm into you.

    • Show All
    • I'm excellent at flirting. With smart girls. I just confuse dumb girls when I flirt. It's sad.

      Anyway, there's this other thing you might want to incorporate in your flirting, where you touch them. Not like groping them, but touch their arm etc. Break the touch barrier if they're talking to you and seem at all interested.

      Men tend to interpret more than women do as 'flirting' so you don't have to be SUPER obvious, just more than you are apparently doing now.

      Or, you know, just ask out guys that you like.

    • Hmmm I'll keep that in mind. Thanks :)

  • Thats better than being a flirt.

    0|0
    0|0
    • But how is that better when a guy thinks I'm not interested? There's like no chance of recovering from that.

    • I meant it's better than being a flirt when you're not interested.

  • you are very beautiful girl :) add me skype: anil ipbocek

    0|0
    0|0
  • to think about what you are doing

    0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

No girls shared opinions.

Loading...