Why do I keep getting friend-zoned?

It seems like every time I make an effort to get to know a little about a girl I'm interested in, they always tell me "We're just friends" when I ask them out? Some of them even post on Facebook about how much they want to have a guy ask them out, and that they feel lonely, etc. So I get rejected even when they are desperate? There's something I'm not getting here...

Most Helpful Guy

• Are you short?
    Are you poor?
    Are you unattractive?
    Are you going for girls who are more attractive than yourself?
    Do you have bad hygiene?
    Are you exceptionally nice to women?

If your answer to any of those questions is "Yes", you're going to have a hard time getting out of the friend zone.

What Girls Said 3

• The simple answer is girls friend zone men they are not sexually attracted too. There is no conspiracy theory behind this. It's not because your short , or you didn't make your interest known , etc.

• Yeah, that's what I figured. It makes the most sense, thank you

• Your welcome. If your continuously getting friend zoned maybe lower your standards. Hope this helps.

• Do you make it clear you are interested when you first approach them?

• I guess not. Perhaps my problem is that I become more interested when I get to know her personality somewhat.

• That's not a bad thing. But the time it takes makes them think you might just be looking for friendship. They've made up their mind about you pretty quickly. So unless you make it clear, they'll write you off.

• Honestly, some girls are just bs they tend to focus more on what you look like. What clothes you wear, what you look like, your car, shoes, watches etc. & well you just have to be honest, & if they keep on saying no, just try to find someone who will take you for you.

• That's some good advice, thank you! Maybe I'm just pursuing the wrong type

What Guys Said 3

• Do you think it your fault? Maybe they just aren't attracted to you, desperate or otherwise.

My advice is to gauge their interest level quickly and ask them out. If they reject you, no big deal, move on to the next one. Don't waste any more time and definitely don't doubt yourself and lose confident.

• Thank you, I appreciate that. Yeah, maybe I wait too long and they might see that as a sign of weakness or something.

• From my mistake is best to tell them right away how you feel or else you gonna waist your time. Is all about confidence

• Thank you, maybe I'll try that next time. I just don't want to fall for someone who is just hot. I want to make sure I can tolerate her personality if I'm pursuing a relationship.

• Because you are a guy with girls that are friends... Let it be know that you won't be friends with girls EVER