If a guy is open with you?

Girls if you have a guy friend who has been there for you througb ups and downs and he openec up about how lonely he has been and he wants to have a relationship with you, what would you do?

• Become his GF
  • Friendzone him
  • Stop being his friend
Sorry for the mis-spelling

Most Helpful Guy

• Ask yourself can you picture yourself holding hands with him, kissing him, etc?

Are you ready for a relationship right now?

Do you find him attractive?

From what I read he's been with you thick and thin. My opinion is to give the guy a chance, although I do suppose that's biased as I was that guy once. After you give him a chance you always have the option to just stay friends, at least there won't ever be "what ifs"between you.

What Guys Said 21

• In personal experience the minute you ask as girl to be more she either says yes or it ruins the friend ship. Very few people can be friends after they know the other person wants or wanted more it makes them too paranoid.

• If you like him back then go ahead.

But if you don't , please DON'T date him out of pity. That is insulting and you just end up hurting him more.

Relationship is a two-way street, both people need to want each other or it not going to work.

• it all depends on if you think of him as more than a friend. Openess is a great quality in a boyfriend, so at least you have a semi-decent starting position if you decide to date him.

• haha the results are funny. all i can say is don't date someone out of pity or guilt it can never workout well. And from your observations it seams like you're willing to give it go but seriously rethink that cause in the end it will do more harm then good.

• I'm a guy sorry no opinion

• If you like him, then A. If not, just stay friends with him. If he's been with you through tough times, then you know he'll continue to be if he's your boyfriend. But please, don't date him out of pity. That's insulting.
    The thing is is that that kinda sounded like my situation

• I'm that guy. But, I don't say how lonely I am.
    But, yeah.. When it comes down to the relationship part; it doesn't work out for me :P
    I'm there for her, like most people aren't.
    You can't force someone to like you though, regardless xD

• If he likes you and you like him, go on a few dates

• If you really like him and he seems like a legitimate guy I'd go for it, but I'd suggest being friends with him to know him better. Aka friend zone, a guy has to work to prove himself he wants you.

• No guy wants to be just friends I'll tell you thant now

• Wow. If that is the case you better tell him to deal with it. A guy should never just have a relationship with a friend. You gotta court them. You know? It is a simple formula. Then it will be easy to tell if they are into it or not. Just asking, hey. I am loanly. Wanna go out with me? Is the lamest thing i have ever heard. Hahaha. If you go out with them you would be the most gullable female of all time.

• Friendzone him, until you decide you like him. Then i don't know, do whatever you want with the poor guy.

• what are u thinking! lol. frnd zone him ofcors!
    let me kno how it went.

• Do you like him?

• He secretly likes you, guaranteed.

• I mean if you genuinely like him then go for it. If not then tell him so.

• If you become his GF then could you get back as good friends as I think you both are

• I'd say A as long as you like him. But if you just want to stay friends with him just stay friends.

• if you friend zoned him and he still feels that way but you don't want him too, then cut off all contact with him. you shouldn't give this guy a chance if you don't WANT too, you owe him nothing

• Well, you have a boyfriend already, right? I would hope you would just continue being his friend. After all, I'd hate to think women and men can't be "just friends"... right?

• Do you like him in that way? If the answer is yes obviously date him, if the answer is no then tell him you just want to be friends.

What Girls Said 13

• I would think there must be a strong reason why I'm even consider becoming his gf? He must be attractive and I must actually like him.

Being lonely isn't a good enough reason for me to want to become someone's gf and I'd probably reject the thought immediately, that's why I say maybe you already feel something for him...
    Although everyone's different and it'd be nice if the guy came up with a better proposal, lol

• I can't exactly give a definite answer from choosing from the poll because I feel like I would be telling you what to do. I will give you my opinion and from there make from it whatever you believe is best.

So, same as you, I have a guy friend who has been there for me and even told me that he wanted to be more than just friends.
    However, here is the thing, I didn't have feelings towards him. Yeah he was a really good friend and all, but I didn't see myself with him as more than just friends.

The reason I chose to just be friends was because there has been another occasion where another good guy friend of mine asked me out and because of feeling bad for him, I gave him a chance.
    That was NOT a good decision. I learned that I wasn't happy and although the guy felt happy, I realized I shouldn't have given him a chance because its as if you are playing with their emotions.

SO basically, all I am asking you is to choose wisely.
    Do you have any feelings for this guy?

If so, I would suggest giving him a chance. But please do not be his girlfriend if you just feel bad that he is lonely, that is NO GOOD!

• My BF and I were BEST friends for a long time and then he asked me out. Now we will be getting married down the road. This can be your best relationship :)

• Don't feel obligated or date him out of pity. Friendship can often turn into more. If you like him, you do not need to label yourselves as girlfriend/boyfriend right away. Let things develop naturally. If you have no interest in that, then be upfront with him about it, but be gentle about it. He will be disappointed and probably hurt, but if he cares about you and wants to stay in your life, he will accept that.

• I have a guy like that only he doesn't say "I want to be with you".
    I think it puts me off wanting to go out with him if he's saying he feels lonely, it just shows he'll get with anyone to get rid of the loneliness.
    I want him to have genuine feelings for me that don't change whether he's lonely or a bursting social life.

• I don't know. If you guys have known each other for a long time and the connection is there, why not.

But..

I hope his not asking you to be his girlfriend because his just lonely.

• If you like him, date him. If you still think of him as a friend, then just tell him that you don't feel that way, but you'll still pay him company as a friend, the same way he did for you.
    Why ruin what seems like a good relationship by him wanting more? Either date him or friends.

• Well, I would never say "I'LL BE YOUR GIRLFRIEND". I have to like him at least a little and then go on a few dates. But I'm not sure..

• Only date him if you really like him! A relationship without love is worse then being single. Of you dont like him the same way, there is someone else out there who will work for him!

• If you like him then go for it, if you don't them definitely don't.

• You shouldn't always jump into a relationship like that. Maybe you were just meant to be really close friends.

• Whatever you do, don't go out with him just because you feel bad for him. Only go out with him if you are genuinely interested in him romantically

• why he has been lonely in the first place? why? because he was searching for rich women!