How do I stop feeling intimidated by the big tall guy im dating?

he's soooo tall and pretty big, i'm so short and small, i feel awkward with him, i've never dated someone that tall and big, it kinda lowers my self esteem, making me feel so short and weak, i dont even dare to not wear high heels, i dont really like wearing them that much so i have to do it even though i dont want to. And i dont get it why didn't he choose a taller girl than me? dont i make him feel huge next to me?

Most Helpful Guy

• He probably didn't chose a taller girl than you because he likes you, doesn't matter if you're a giant or a midget.

Do you feel ashamed for dating him because you think the 2 of you together look ridiculous? You shouldn't care abou how you look but honestly, a talk guy and a short girl is usually very cute, and that's the general opinion.

It's normal that you feel weak next to him since he's so much bigger than you but that shouldn't lower your self esteem. No matter what you do, he will always be tall and you will always be short, and there's nothing wrong with that, the sooner you understand the better. Don't try to be something you're not, and don't wear heels if you don't like it, he probably wouldn't aprove you using something you don't like.

Sorry if I didn't help

What Guys Said 2

• You're over-analyzing this. Let's get to the basic question... do you like him and does he like you?

• This is just your insecurity talking. It's not his height. If he were short then you would worry that he is too smart or too something else. Stop worrying. You are fine. He didn't pick a taller girl because he likes you.

While you are being intimidated by his height, he's probably thinking "why is this super-cute girl hanging out with a big oaf like me?"

If you don't like wearing heels then don't wear them. You didn't say that he told you to wear them.

What Girls Said 2

• My boyfriend is skinny and I'm clearly not from my profile pic... And I felt weird about it because my thighs were bigger than my boyfriends haha I got over it eventually and embraced it. the reason he dated me among other reasons, was because he liked my thighs, actually loved my thighs. so I had no reason to feel insecure about it. :) He choose you for a reason. Don't be insecure! Embrace how cute you look compared to your tall man !

• You're not skinny, but you're not fat. I love how women with your body figure, think they're fat -_-

• Yeah thick girls do get a little insecure about our figures sometimes lol Its hard not to think your fat when for example a girl next to you has the smallest thighs ever and here i am with thick thighs lol Dont get me wrong i love my thighs but not all the time.

• You shouldn't compare yourself to a man first off. He's suppose to be bigger and be able to protect you! I love huge guys personally. My man is 6'0 270. And I'm 5'2! How tall are you & him?

• im 5'2 he's 6'1

• So yeah! About the same! It's super cute!! Don't feel intimated