Is it wrong to text a guy friend when I have a bf?

My bf is not a talker, he barely calls me or text me. I love him. But my old guy friend called the other day I saw no harm and catching up with a friend. It felt so good to talk for 2 hrs. Well now my guy friend keeps calling. I love talking to him but I feel like it might be wrong to talk to him. I wouldn't want my guy talking to another girl. how do i tell my guy friend? or is it okay?

Most Helpful Girl

• "I wouldn't want my guy talking to another girl" lol good luck with that. You can't stop each other from having friends of the opposite sex that's immature and ridiculous.

It's only wrong if you're entertaining feelings for him even then it's not technically wrong unless you start talking to him instead of your boyfriend then you should reevaluate why you're in the relationship.

• we are both 25 we dont need petty flirt texting. we agreed that we could only have professional conversation with opposite sex. I have high standards and thats what it takes to get a guy to commit to you.

• i didn't say you DO need petty flirt texting. flirt texting is different than casual conversation. high standards are good, being controlling is bad.

What Guys Said 3

• As long as you were friends before u started dating, and it's all innocent stuff (as in your boyfriend can read every message u two have and won't mind),

I think it's fine.

• Its cool if you guys catch up on lost time but nothing other than that, It should be clean talk thats all

• Depends what you too are texting about.

• we talk about work, what were doing that weekend. We do give dating advice some. He is single and going on a lot of dates and i check the girls out and tell him what i think he knows i have a bf and he helps me not be so hard on my boo.

• There is nothing wrong with that

What Girls Said 3

• If you're just friends then, obviously, it's fine. As, I'd like to point out, it would be if he was doing the same with a female friend. As long as it's just as friends and that your guy friend knows this, then I see no problem with it.

• My thing is if he respects that you have a boyfriend and keep conversations on a friendly level then yes continue to talk to him. But first see how your boyfriend feels about the situation because just like you said you wouldn't want your guy talking to another guy. So the respectable thing to do is see how your boyfriend is feeling

• yeah ur right. i haven't told him bc it just started the other day and I wanted to just end it and not start something. i care too much ab my bf

• As long as you aren't cheating or have any intentions of cheating, I see no problem with it, though you should probably talk to your boyfriend and make sure he's okay with it. If he's cool with it, go for it. If he's not, let your friend know that.

• yeah your right now just how to tell him. lol