Ladies, how do you trust a man like this?

It happens all the time, a guy will begin dating a girl while he's currently in a relationship, promising the new girl he's going to break up with his current girl. Eventually, sometimes the guy actually does what he says, but I'm wondering, How can you trust someone in a relationship like that? It would be in the back of my mind that he might be shopping for his next girlfriend while I'm trying to build a life with him.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's really hard to base of trust because of that, all though I have seen multiple scenarios like this, because the relationship was at an end, it just needed to be stated, and then the new couple went off into the land of love lol. Very rarely it happens though, I think that's some risks people take when it comes to wanting to be with someone based off of promises, you have to use your gut feeling to determine next moves.

• That's what I thought, but the last three guys who have tried to date me (at different times), tried to hook up with me while they were in a relationship. Each one told me they were going to breakup with their girlfriend, but I did not believe them and ended communication with them. I'll never be a sidechick or allow someone to make a fool out of me. Eventually, all three guys did break up with their girlfriends (some were 2+yr relationships), and by the time I found out (maybe 2mths later), each guy already had a new girlfriend. One of the guys after 1.5yrs just got engaged to the new girl. Is there something I'm missing? Is that how dating works now?

• I think they're just looking for an excuse to be in another relationship, those types of guys you're good to steer clear from. If it takes 2 months to break up with someone, they don't really want to, it's annoying because i've bene in your situation, all though I knew it was going to end sometime between them, I got a boyfriend so he didn't end it, funny how things end up

What Guys Said 3

• you can't. that's why you don't even get involved with shit like that to begin with. let the guy get his shit straightened out first, then proceed.

• Thanks man, I like your straight honesty ;)

• no problem, you can at least count on me for that hahaa

• Don't even get involved with someone like that in the first place. If you find out he's already with someone, walk away and don't look back. He's a cheater, and he'll cheat on you just as readily.

• i don't knoe.. In times like this you have to put your fith to god and his son jesus who dies for us. He loves you. he has plans and nothing can go wrong..

What Girls Said 1

• Easy answer: you can't.

If he cheats with you, he will cheat on you. And, yes, "emotional cheating" counts... it's just as hurtful.