How do you get a good boyfriend?

I always heard that if you be yourself and be patient the right guy will come along. I've been doing this all my life and so far it just seems that the wrong guys keep coming to me. How can I find a guy that's good for me and my type. How can I get a good boyfriend all together?

Ok so I exaggerated when I said all my life. Lol ok I get it.

Most Helpful Guy

• PUT OUT. Kidding. In my opinion the best way to get 'good guys' (the loyal, honest, kind, strong type) is by going where they congregate and making yourself available.

This is probably most easily found somewhere like a church because religious rules are usually VERY focused on guys being respectful toward women.

Patience is also very important because finding the right person for you might be difficult because unless you're looking too he is going to have to find you. Make yourself findable and make yourself the type of girl a guy would want and nature will take its course. The guy for you will find you. It's like sexual magnetism.

Source: I am a guy and I know guys. It's very difficult (for us) to avoid looking for and attempting to get a girl of quality. It's a VERY strong compulsion.

• Thanks for MHO! Don't worry. You're young. You have time. You realized how you feel early so learn the lesson I put forth quickly and you shall prosper! Good luck.

What Guys Said 8

• Some out of the box ideas, are with the shyer quieter guys go up to them and just talk to them start a conversation, maybe ask them out. Many women don't seem to grasp the simple concepts that the most common type of man that initiates approaches are player type assholes. If you read any of the pick up artist advice its always a "number game" to them. Not all guys who approach are like this, but many are, because no matter how many times they get rejected they don't care, because well, they don't care about women. Shyer guys and guys who have careers hobbies, and lives outside of approaching women have other things going on in their lives and don't approach at the same rate. Consider asking them out if you feel they are interested. Yes you will be rejected sometimes, but don't you feel rejected anyway when the guys you like don't approach and only the jerks do and you feel like "there are no good men out there."

Also, if I hear one more women saying how bad boys are awesome because they have "sexy confidence" I am going to vomit. What many women seem to see as sexy confidence is nothing more than some guys ability to BULLSHIT. They have really good social skills, they make clever quips, they have interesting stories, they randomly don't call or flake (not sure how that is sexy confidence but whatever). Don't fall into the sexy confidence trap, good social skills does NOT indicate good boyfriend, lover, husband, it just indicates that they have good social skills.

Also, for ltr one of the biggest things is just enjoying spending time with the guy. Not judging him because he doesn't have a lot of money, or some of your relatives don't like him etc.

• 'All your life'? You're just 15! I suppose most 'real' relationships happen only after people become adults.

• Lol Yea i guess your right and Yea I exaggerated a little.

• being patient gets you one thing... the next guy that comes along. Find out what kind of person you are looking for. Become friends with people you might want to date. Waiting takes your choice out of it, you just get left with whoever comes and finds you. You don't have to ask people out but make yourself seem attainable to the people you want asking you out.

• What kind of boyfriend are you looking for and where do you find these so called bad guys?

• I'm looking for guys that are gentlemen and are different and aren't wanna be "players" or "thugs". And I find them at school.

• No actually they find me

• There are gentlemen at your school, but you're probably not interested in them.

• Since "all your life" is 15 years I doubt you even know what your type is. Don't waste your time with boys. There is plenty of time for that in the future.

• Don't say you've been doing this all your life since you are looking only for 3 or 4 years... Also I always recommend to wait and don't get in relationships at such age. But it's only me, I guess, who thinks that 12-16 years is too young for relationships :/

• ''I've been doing this all my life and so far it just seems that the wrong guys keep coming to me.''...15 years old...

• Look for honesty. A good boyfriend is someone you like and who likes you without either of you having to change.

What Girls Said 2

• My dear, pleas don't take this as condescending but you are 15 years old. "All your life" is halfway to thirty! I know it seems like the most important thing in the world when you're in high schhool, but having boyfriend in the grand scheme of things isn't important AT ALL at this age. Focus on figuring out who you are and who you want to be as an adult. Focus on your friends, your hobbies, your values, your schoolwork and your future goals and ambitions. The right guy will come along in due time... it might be while you're still a teenager.. it might be well into your thirties. It doesn't matter.

• girl your 15, you started dating boys what? 2minutes ago? be a bit more patient!! but anyways you've got years of good and bad relationships, but guys are only ready to be mature and settle down like at 25