I feel like I'm not dating/ girlfriend material. Any advice?

I am 17 turning 18 in 3 months and the guy I like Just turned 22. im very concerned about starting a relationship with anyone but especially him because he is older and unlike me he has his life put together. Yes he still lives at home but he has a job and makes good money, has his own car and can drive while I'm still in high school (senior) headed to college in August, I do not have a job (but I do people's hair for money) I don't even have my freaking license yet at 17 which is embarrassing and I don't have a car although I am getting one for my birthday in the summer and taking driving courses in the summer as well. I'm getting it together but at the same time I feel like I have nothing to offer him. Like what's the point in dating me? my life is coming together slowly but I can't help but feel like I'm not girlfriend material and I shouldn't be in a relationship even though I want to, Any advice?

Most Helpful Guy

• Females offer things they tend to forget. Males often seek females for companionship (safety - like illness or something) and quite honestly girls can be fun to be around.

Not to mention that if the goal is something more long term it's better to have children while you are younger for the sake of your offspring's physical and mental health.

Society has told you that you need to offer monetary resources as a female in a relationship but that is far from necessary and it is certainly subjective, in that it depends on the guy.

What Guys Said 2

• I don't think you need all this to be his girlfriend! If he likes you he will drive you around with his car and he will be happy to spend money on you. There is nothing to worry about.

• You're insecure as hell. Calm down.

What Girls Said 0