I want a boyfriend but it doesn't happen? Please help me?

I am 18 and never had a bf and i really want one. I am good looking and a nice person. I want to find someone and give him love and make him smile, just that. I can't find anyone. I have been rejected because they said i was a good girl. It is just me. It doesn't happen, nothing. I remember the guy i liked last year, we were highschool seniors and he was looking at me a lot, he is very shy and turned away when i caught him but we never really talked but i would feel his eyes on me and my bff was looking at him and said he was indeed looking at me a lot. Nothing happened because we were studying very hard for university, without distractions. Somehow lately i can't get him out of my head at all. I know he wants a girlfriend but he hasn't found one. I happen to see him sometimes and i tremble, my heart beats and it hurts. I haven't said that to anyone. I say i hate him a lot and he makes me angry. I jusy need love and all i want is to give love and happiness. It hurts sooooo much. I dont know what to do. I feel so frustrated, in pain and dissapointed.

Most Helpful Guy

• if you want something bad enough you have to make your own luck. You can't get what you want with your hands in you pockets. Find some courage and in the end you will be glad you did something as easy as say hello to the guy you like and start a conversation.

I believe in you.

• I have been rejected before by others and if i get rehected again i dont know if i can handle it.

• That's just life, I've been rejected and I just laugh about it. It's nothing personal when you get rejected. rejections only hurt if you let them. The important thing is that you tried, fear of failure will always hold you back in life. NEVER BE AFRAID TO FAIL. You are a human the most incredible create in the universe and you can do anything if you are will to work at it.

What Guys Said 5

• I'm exactly the same and I know completely how you feel :(

Just aim to start being friends with a couple of guys and see where it takes you from there would be my best advice

I too have the feeling of being alone forever but you won't, you will find someone soon I promise

Just take your time and try to have a good time with friends

• Thanks! I do hope something will come soon, I will be so gratefull when it happens :)

• I do hope you find someone too the single game is boring now, when you find somebody all this happiness will be burst onto them at once so it will be the best thing ever for you

• thank you so much :))))))

• i want a girlfriend and it does not happen... if i meet you i would be your boyfriend.

• Are you going through something similar?

• I can understand. It makes me feel like i am not a woman. I want to feel loved, wanted, like a woman.

• of course i can love you as a women. if i love you.

• just wait, you're only 18 damn... give a time, time :D

• I am afraid i will end up alone. I want to feel loved...

• sometimes*

• thanks! when it comes i hope it will be worth to wait :)

• So... you've got a crush, and you're both busy, are you still close by? Is there any reason you couldn't ask him out on a date?

• We were in the same highschool but now we are freshmen in university but in different schools. We never really talked that is why i can't go to him and ask him on a date.

• I have bad news for you. Asking someone out any time is weird >_< And bloody hard to do.

It might be easier if you decide ahead of time that the next time you see him, you're going to ask him out. Have something simple ready to go ("Oh, hey, YYY, right? Haven't seen you in a while. I wouldn't mind getting coffee with you some time; you could tell me how school's going and all..." Or something :p Did I mention bloody hard? But it doesn't have to be perfect! That's the one plus... SOMETHING is more important than something *perfect*)

If you don't want to pursue that one, keep in mind going forward that you can ask guys out on dates too, and given you're cute and nice, etc, some will very likely say yes :)

• I will try to meet new people and when i find a guy i like and he is approachable i will certainly do it. Thank you so much for your advice :)

• Well, I want a girlfriend, but still nothing :((

What Girls Said 3

• well... first off... you have to approach this with your needs first. stop saying what you want to give someone and focus on what you want. you' re young so it's still about your needs. Not to sound selfish but enjoy it now because when you do meet that one an you fall in love you sometimes forget about yourself from time to time. That's what true love is. in due time. just relax enjoy life and don't search for it let it come to you. if he's interested he will approach u. if not screw it u have options u just have to notice them with confidence. just relax

• thanks! I will try :)

• "I say i hate him a lot and he makes me angry."

That makes no sense? Are we missing something here?

• I am trying to push what i feel away and tell my friends that i hate him. Because it hurts

• Do you have any mutual friends with him? Ask them to give him your number and tell him that you're interested...

• We do have one.

• Go out and meet people. He isn't just going to fall out of the sky for you. I kept saying that when I was younger and now I'm 18, I've already had a bf before though but trust me it isn't everything, at least that's how I learned it. Go up to people and socialize with them and talk to him. Building a strong relationship with someone takes a lot of time. You have to become friends first and get to know each other. Don't discourage yourself so much, I kept telling myself that I wanted and needed a boyfriend when I was younger but I've realized it isn't everything in life. Maybe start focusing on yourself and not so much on needing a boyfriend. One thing I learned is you do not need a boyfriend to make you happy, and you can't depend on your partner for happiness. Never settle, and always be yourself whenever you like a guy.

• It is not like i think i need a bf to be happy but i want to feel loved romantically by a guy and kiss and feel it. Everyone says love is magic and i want that too.

• Well then go out and meet people. But make sure you are happy with yourself first. I thought when I was younger that I just needed a boyfriend to make me happy but I've realized that having a boyfriend isn't everything. Go out and meet people, he isn't just going to fall out of the sky. I understand what you mean. I want something real and serious at least not right now but in the future of course.