Do I wait for her?

Alright to give this simple and quick, I'm best friends with this girl I've know for a while and recently was told she liked me as more then friends, me myself have really always considered her a possibility for a relationship. I truly love this girl and can't imagine a better person to be in a relationship with but sadly before I met her she was interested in this other guy who in my opinion is has been stringing her along for 5 years now, her friend from high school. Needless to say she says she wants to talk to him and to finally get closure but says that after she'll need some time to move on from him before she can even consider a new relationship. Also were both in college while he is a senior who is apparently too busy to meet up with her. So my question is do I wait for her?

Most Helpful Girl

• Move on with your life. If she is ever ready to date you, then maybe you will be available. If not... Then you will heal. Don't delay your life for a romance that has not yet occurred. Live your life.

What Girls Said 8

• Be there for her as a friend but don't let her get too comfortable with the platonic nature of it - make it clear that you want to date her when she is ready and then, yes, wait. Hopefully she doesn't need too long.

• The way she's treating her situation makes sense. She's been with this guy a long time, she thinks you're better, she'll talk to him to end things off, and she'll need a bit of time after that to close things up (cuz hey, it was a 5 year relationship right). If you've told her you care about her, she may be breaking it off with her current dude because she wants you more. If you're going to turn away and be all chill and dandy without her, that will really hurt her. I think you should talk things out with her. How much time will she really need? Two weeks or two years? If you think it is a reasonable amount of time and you truly love her, you will give her the time she needs and be patient (after all, patience is a virtue). If you think it is too long, let her know that, don't put her heart on the line, too. Overall, communication is key so just talk to her. But don't just shun her if she needs time. I bet you'd need time too if you were in her state.

• stay open and allow the possibility for other relationships, but if you truly love her, then make it known that you will be there waiting for her as long as someone else comes along, but that you might be taken when she finally gets her act together

• My BF waited for me, and he is the best thing that had ever happened to me!

• Be a friend, but I wouldn't wait around. By putting yourself on hold, you may be turning away someone really special.

• Don't wait for her. It will only end in you getting hurt

• Dont chase her let her come to you

• if you love her yes but be open to new things if you met someone or develop a feeling for another girl for it too.

What Guys Said 8

• Yeah, I think you should hold off on dating until she's available. Especially since you're already good friends and you know that she's ending her relationship and likes you too. Sounds like a better situation than anything else you can find in the meantime if you were to forget about her and date other people. When in doubt, follow your heart.

• Fuck her. Do they get emotionally attached. That's the best scenario to pull out of this. Not buts.
    Dude she already thinks you're a f** if she's talking to you about other guys she's hooking up with. Drill it into your head

• be there for her as a friend but you have to think about yourself first and look for someone who wants you right now, don't wait, life is too short when you find that other person you would be relieved of all guilt from moving on, if not then that person isn't for you, this is a good situation to find your true match becuase you will feel it in your heart

• i Agree with @sara413 be there for her as friend and look for another who is meant for you!!!

• To make a very long story short... move on dude, but do tell her that you're saving your self from a heartache later.

• do not wait for her. I'm going to be very forward, sounds like you are her security blanket, she uses you to get what she's not getting from them. Move on, and you'll be surprised she will chase you later

• Maybe let her see you interested in someone else, that will get the ball rolling I bet.

• Time n tide wait for none... Just do the dew!!!