When is saying I love you normal?

I am 27 and I have never had a normal relationship. I thought a relationship involved fights constantly, and stress (I know this sounds stupid, but I had come to accept it) I am in a demanding graduate school program and 5 months ago I met a 33 year old professional in my field. The first older guy I had ever dated.

He's amazing! He's so sweet, he makes me smile, and thinks that I am the nice one! We have so much fun together and never argue. Professionally I am a year and a half away from graduation and I am an international student. The international aspect will make things tough although I do want to stay in the United States.

He makes me relax when I worry, laugh when I am so stressed I want to cry, and feel like I am a catch. I love him... but I am so scared.

His dad left him when he was young, and he's in his 30's and he's never lived with anyone, but has had other long relationships (I have lived with a guy and that was a disaster). He says he wants to get married. However, its clear this kind of things scares hm.

I know he cares about me, it was a big deal to make this offical and he's really sweet. I guess what I am saying is I want to tell him I love him, but I don't know what's normal? Should I wait?

He has a job he doesn't really love, and he's like I'll stick it out for what I can because of you but if a job that is ideal comes up where he wants to be he MAY move (that's not that far away)

I told him that I can't promise him I would follow him, but I can promise him I would try pending where i get a job. He thinks I am so nice, sweet, and optimistic (clearly some of his ex's were not this way). So what I am trying to say our future isn't certain, he's got a messy past (and so do I) but I love him and I want him to know that but I am scared to tell him.

Should I just do it?
Do I wait?

I am sorry I just don't know what normal is

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 0