Do you hate being single?

I'm sick of hanging out with myself Sometimes. I already know what i like, i want to know someone else though. I want a person to share my life with. Other days i enjoy the solitude and know that if i wasn't single then my me time will be divided, but still. .. i miss the morning sex and someone to cook for and ask that
do you hate being single?

All that*
i love myself, I'm really interesting and smart but what's the point of having these qualities of there isn't anyone to share them with?
I have friends too so I'm not completely lonely.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 61

• No, I don't hate it. However, I have been on my own for quite a while now (a few years) and would prefer to have someone to share my life with. Like @TimesNewRoman said, it's getting kind of old.

• surprisingly im really enjoying my privacy. I always thought I wanted a girl to hang out with all the time but I just thought about it and found myself not complaining lol.

you'll be alright.

• I hate being a Pringle

@linkywinky

• I hope this won't be my stage exit song.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnkEZcTXu4k

• Well, hatred is a strong word. Perhaps too strong in my case. I hate that my wife died. However, I would say I dislike being single, but I wouldn't say I hate it. I hate Hitler. I hate cancer. I hate broccoli. But I would say I only dislike being single now.

On the one hand, my wife didn't much care for sailing and air travel. Me? I LOVE sailing and I LOVE air travel. Since her passing, I've taken advantage of traveling and I've been on some really neat trips! However, when I arrive at the hotel every night, I confess it's lonely. Make no mistake, if I were given a choice between never sailing and traveling again and having my wife back, I would choose to have her back in my life and never think twice about it.

The question you should be exploring, Buttersauce, is what are you doing to change your single status? Lately, I've been asking myself that question.

• Im not doing the right thing. Im doing the things that just fill the void, the easy things.

• Oh, good. And good grammar skills, by the way. People always get that one mixed up.

• Thank you, that's a new compliment

• I just want to say, Ahh Fuck Yeah being single sucks! I hate being single too. Yes, it has GREAT advantages such as being able to take a step back and reevaluate yourself as a person. But me personally, have been without a steady girlfriend for close to a year now and it's really starting to hurt a lot some days/nights. I have put myself back out there in the flesh and online. Not as much being out than in, but I still make a valid effort to be sociable and get out at least twice a month. But lately for me nothing has been working. I've subscribed to numerous online dating networks and can't seem to get responses from the women I've attempted to get to know. I'm still putting a smile on my face when I wake up and put my best foot forward when sending messages online and approaching women, but have been getting rejected a lot lately. If I get any attention it's from women that I'm not totally into and know that I would eventually want someone else that I'm more attracted too. Kind of at the point where I think settling may be my best option at this point. I'm getting older and women keep getting pregnant by men that they won't be with and someone like me would have to deal with that. All one can do is continue to pray and have faith that someone will be able to accept me and my quirkiness. I'm not the best looking guy out there but know that I'm far from one of the worst looking so I'm really not understanding why I can't get anything going. Ladies let me know what I'm doing wrong

• Ehh, sometimes I guess, but "meh..." I'm too busy to really care all that much anymore.

• Not only do I hate being single, I hate having no friends. Unfortunately, both men and women seem to have conspired not only to deny me love, but any for of meaningful relationship including friends.

• Change of scenery? That worked for me.

• Have you had any luck with online dating, I personally haven't just wondering if any other introverts have had much luck?

• I don't even attempt to date online. I need some personal interaction

• I find being single and happy far easier than dating and disappointed.

• 0|0
    • That is exactly what it is!

• No its just the perfect hiding place for a shy parson

• yikes your brave though

• I'm in a similar predicerment. I broke up with my ex a month a half ago only to find out she was already with someone else only 4 weeks after we broke up. Desperate much. I'm not a person to enter relationships out if desperation or insecurities anymore. So I do like some things being single even when I was for 2 and a half years before hand but Isis that comfort I had and I also think sharing time with another is important. I don't truly love myself yet but I'm working on it. And don't intend to enter any future relationships till I've overcome this. i think the hardest thing is to truly live yourself not just get over the thought of being single

• You are doing the right things for you, she can suck it

• I guess. I don't hate her or despise if her just letting her of her thing and me as well. Some things are better left broken. I think once I'm completely healed and ready for commitment again I'll be even stronger for future relationships :)

• Kind of and no. On one hand, being single is potentially dodging bullets. That's a good thing, I also value my own time and I have come by needy girls who get upset because I didn't reply that 3am text.

The one thing that really tips be off about being single, is seeing girls I find appealing complain about certain type of guys (douchebags), and next thing they are going out with that same type of dude.

I guess the solution would be for me to make my move early, but then if at the end these girls actually liked that type of guys, my attempts would have failed.

• More than you could ever imagine... I hate being single... I just want a beautiful girl laying next to me every night so I could tell her how much she means to me and how sexy and gorgeous she is. I'd bite her and tickle her and make silly noises so she can laugh. I just miss those days but feels like their gone forever. All the girls I meet are hard to trust or we have nothing in common.. Smh... Man everyone said just be patient but Im running out of patience to be honest...

• Yep hate being single but sometimes relationships can be hard deal with

I would say the most is insecurity, rejection fear

• i'd hate it if i WASN'T single

• I can't describe how much i hate being single. I hate it. The worst part is, i'll probably die alone. I don't have a girlfriend, never had one actually. I don't have an active social life, i see a few friends but it's not gonna help me in the long term. I'm miserable and i'll keep being miserable.

• Not really. Sometimes I get sad, but then I realize it's only because my idea of a relationship is so much better than the reality. The reality is disappointing and often ends in failure -- and a painful one at that.

• I hate being single because i want to feel closeness and having sex but I love to be able to take care of my woman in all ways diring her periods and that includes sex.

• For EVERY SINGLE thing you wrote, I agree. However, I find the days of enjoying independence, freedom, and the "do whatever I want" attitude outweigh the wanting to be in a relationship attitude. Majority rules. :))

• I hate being single. haven't had morning sex in forever.. and I usually bring my lady breakfast in bed

• I hate being single
    Watching everyone having fun Saturday night, coming home to their boyfrind/girlfriend, watching tv, cuddling, having sex and I am all alone with the internet, I really hate it

• Yes, i also hate being single. Idc much about sex or any of thst shit at this point. I just want someones affection and unconditional love...

• Aftr about 5 years of being single.. Its getting kind of old. I really miss being able to hold onto, care for, having a partner in crime and what not. Ehh.. I can probably go another 5 years.

• I don't hate it but I don't like it either I'm a relationship kind of guy I enjoy being in them.

• Not really, it is what it is.

• In my English teacher's words, "Being married is the worst thing ever, except for being alone" I wish I at least had more than a few friends to talk to, it doesn't even have to be a relationship. Someone to talk to would be enough

• Everybody needs someone to talk to

• Lol yeah we ate the real people, no i meant we *are real

• "We ate real people" XD
      Yeh. I know I have people here but people irl would help. I had my crush that I could tell anything, she could tell me anything, but things got awkward and we don't talk too much now and it sucks

• It definitely gets old after awhile. Im already introspective by nature, so I figured "me" out years ago. I still enjoy the silence though. Kinda worries me that im not worried about it , you know?

• Prolly you gotta start mixing around , socialise, try getting to know people. Dont worry you'll find one nice guy soon :)

• Yes I do, I love companionship and to snuggle. At least I have my pillow... :/

• no it´s fine xD all thisfeelings and love and sex is overrated anyways...

• More from Guys
    31

What Girls Said 26

• No... I am actually okay with it. :)
    I need to learn to fully love myself first.

• 1|2
  • it gets lonely eating all by yourself

• No I don't hate it and plus I'm still young. There's nothing wrong with being single I don't understand why some people look at it as a bad thing. I'm just focusing on myself and my studies so I can get out of school with good grades and go on to college. I'm not really looking for a relationship right now, in the future sure but right no. I've learned something my past relationship that I don't need a boyfriend to make me happy. Although in the future I would like to have a serious relationship and a committed one as well. I don't ask for a lot, as long as he treats me right and makes time for me and shows that he loves me, well that's all that matters to me. But I couldn't be with someone that wasn't willing or ready to commit. I'm focusing on myself and growing as a person so I can figure out what I want in my future partner. You have to learn to love yourself first before you want other people to love you. And something else I learned is that you can't depend on your partner to make you happy. Getting out of my last relationship helped me realize what I deserve and who I deserve. I never settle for less, I'm just doing me and focusing on myself. I can find love later in life.

• Sometimes... i get lonely a lot and wish i had a lovely guy as my snuggle buddy lol but then i keep bumping into assholes who always remind me why it's great to be single and to be able to do things on my own too.

• Women get hornier and want more attention on their periods.. i like giving women that attention

• Eww... id honestly feel sorry for you during that time of month because it stinks, id never let a guy near to my bum area at least, not always are we cuddly during our periods though... sometimes we feel like utter shite... for me i have issues lately with my period regulationg so sometimes i feel terrible... but it messes up my sleep so i'm groggy on a regular basis, especially in the morning, the sleepy effects of my period lasts for a week after for me because it makes me sleep an hour or 2 longer, id be sleepying probs during that time lol so hugs and kisses is all a guy would get.

• Heck no! While being single I am learning to love myself in some really amazing ways. I am reconnecting with my family. I apply myself fully at work. I have some really awesome friends. Some of them I might even think they are so cool, and I have such a good time with them, that I want to date them, but I know that I will just learn more and more about them as friends. It will be a million times better if it evolves organically. Raise the bar! Better to have quality than quantity.
    When I realized the guys I respected and wanted to spend time with are busy with their lives, and so am I, I just enjoy the time we get to spend together as friends doing awesome adventurous stuff.

• I'll be right on about this. I'm quite an affectionate person and it sucks that there is no one to show affection to (cuddling, making out). When I think about it though I much prefer being single than being with the wrong person. I can only be with someone I care about.

• I'm the same way

• If you think about how you would want someone to treat you who loves and then do those things for yourself, you will attract someone who also loves themselves and feels whole. Then you can be a pair and compliment each others life rather than trying to complete each other as people. You want a guy to take you to the movies? take yourself to the movies. Can't afford it? Get a job. Want your partner to make sweet love to you all day? Masturbate ALL DAY. You want to be with someone who keeps up their bodies, DO IT FOR YOU, don't wait for someone to be your "reason"

• @neenerneenerneener lol for me it's that I like sharing these feelings with someone else. I enjoy the company of others and I never said I don't love myself. Masturbation doesn't satisfy my anyway. I don't live for boys I live for myself all I'm saying is it's nice to have someone you can express your feelings to.

• Well, you might hate being single. But relationships are drama. Lol. And you can talk to whoever you want when you're single. And you don't have to shave for anybody but when you want and you honestly just don't try as hard when you're single.

• I love being single, it leaves me open to freely flirt with whoever I want to and not feel guilty about it.

• The best point of all! This indeed lifted my spirits. I don't have anyone to flirt with right now... oh well i don't have to share the bed either

• Nope. I like having the freedom of deciding what to do with my time and money and set my own priorities. There are a lot of things I miss about being in a relationship but when weighed against my freedom, freedom wins.

• Yes I hate being single :/

• No, because I am very occupied at the time. When I get in a relationship that person will be one of my main priorities. So until I have the "availability"... I will be single.

• IT sucks to be alone but being together causes more trouble than being a single that's the fact. Men these days expect so much from women. They are spoiled by successful women that they see on TV and they have high standard and yet they are in denial. They say they want only lover but then there is whole other lists follows by. I think that it's because world don't need more babies too. it's natural that male don't want to spread their seed due to the over population in the jungle. there are too many animals in the jungle. And yet if you want to mate, you have to step down leaving your job and life to pursue family life which is not encouraged much these days. I think.. I guess that explains why people get f buddys, smoking buddys, partners, companies and so on. if you want to get out of single life, you either have to lower your expectations or just give up.

• That's deep. I already spread my seed bit theta is no way I'm gonna lower my standards lol i think i can hold out for a while longer

• I like being single, I have been single my entire life. I guess that doesn't really count though since you can't miss what you didn't have.

• Not really.. In fact, I LOVE it! :-)

• When Im horny i hate being single

• No, I don't hate it.
    You don't have friends?

• Awwww. :((

• Yes I hate being single but then again I ain't happy with my bf we have been going on and off so atm I am single.

• No, it's the best!

http://i.imgur.com/T1Db8.gif

• I prefer being single.

• I would hate it if I was

• Actually.. I love it

• Yes it's so lonely and boring being alone and being home alone at night it gets scaryyyy.

• sometimes, though sometimes it's nice and I can just stop shaving my legs during winter :P

• I don't, but that is because my heart is set on one guy. What I hate is seeing him with other girls.

• Ooo that does suck, but why can't you move on?

• @agrojag It has worked out for me before! lol

• Sorry, @agrojag is tooootttaaalllllyyyy correct